PRR Screenshots

Thanks for the comments, but am I the only PRR nut now:hehe:
trainz%202015-06-06%2018-02-34-79_zpsygygesay.png
trainz%202015-05-31%2001-22-11-88_zpspnsovgti.png
trainz%202015-06-06%2018-09-10-06_zpszcbb3wbn.png

And finely, a meet on the curve
trainz%202015-06-06%2018-13-03-71_zpsvp8qavrc.png

Yea, don't I know it. I have really taken to hating trees. Didn't like um on my HO pike or O27. And the trend has continued , the really nice ones have a real drag on my frame rate , and I get bored fast placing them:hehe: But I like the look I'm getting.

But my section of the NEC wont have this issue, but it has many other to make for it :hehe:

Matt

"Trees are probably why I keep failing to stay interested in making a PA route" said MeowRailroad as he was working on a route set in a swamp, which was just as if not more difficult to model. :hehe:

But seriously, it is difficult. I wish I could make a PA route. I think I can do it if I stay focused, but that's impossible. Wait, am I talking to myself? No, MeowRailroad, you aren't.

This has been a semi-serious post from MeowRailroad.

Railwoodman, how did you get your JR PRR RS1 to work in TANE? Mine has errors and I have the latest libs. Also you are not the only Pennsy nut here, I am just not up to building a penny route. It would require a lot of work and I am burned out from TS12. My favorite divisions is the middle and Pittsburgh so it would be big.

The PR is hard to model, being in an earlier time period, and in Pennsylvania, which has thick forests.
"Trees are probably why I keep failing to stay interested in making a PA route"
Twees, buildings, gwass, and schwubburys have nothing to do with a route ... until much later on ... all my routes have blank gray baseboards.

First comes track, curves, and gradients ... I you don't have that aspect finished first off, all the other filler fluff will not improve an unfinished trackwork route.

These shots are not TANE , I still haven't received mine yet. And from what you and other have said on the forms , I'm going to wait until some bugs get worked out before I start moving over to it. I'm not having a good time getting older content to show now in T12 last update, only about 50% of my session work. And I have a lot of JR and K&L payware that has been reported to have issues in TANE . Time to learn or run is becoming hard to find :confused:

Modeling the time period I am really doesn't require a lot of trees, Eastern to Mid PA was deforested around the 1850. Due to wood being a primary building and fuel source and WAR . I have then and now pic that show huge difference , and wide open spaces not seen today.

Matt

Allot of PA has no more big trees, as severe soil erosion took place for well over a century of clear cutting old growth forests ... most trees in PA are diseased, scrappy, and resemble scruffy 35 ft gum trees ... Nothing resembling the old growth forests of long ago. Some areas are now kidzu infested (a SE Asian genus imported and planted by the USDA to combat soil erosion). Today a highly invasive Asian plant (Chamelion-Houttuynia Cordata) that I call stink weed is overtaking areas of PA

Not to mention that the railroads used weed and brush killing chemicals to keep tracks and rail property clear of foliage . I've always been supersized to see and witness the changes that in the foliage near tracks since this practices stopped . At the North Wilmington PRR shops you could see the whole yard to the river as of 1965 . In some of the older pic of the PRR east west main line, all that seems to be growing is dirt. Greece, oil, grime and creosote, is what I remember most about being around railroad tracks .

Matt

That's great to know . Thanks :D . May I ask as to which ones . I've read the PRR G5 is one that's had a few, and what is the issues ?

Matt

The J1 has a display issue with the tender, boxes appear above it but it runs fine. The B1 is the next with many texture issues which I have not tried to fix (I know it is not a steamer). The G5 is fine if I do not use the TANE procedural track otherwise the game crashes when I exit the session. You also have to remember to place the loco first so ARN works, if you place the tender first then no number appear on the engine.

Railwoodman, what is the 4 track stone arch bridge you use? Ive searched the DLS but found nothing like it.

Look for FMA, or user ( vendel 149987 ) ( sura 96663 ) I will send you the kuid when I can . It's on the DL , but he has a site that worth looking at to. I have used a lot of his bridges on my route . Make sure to check 2004 when you look .:D

That's great to here about the K&L steam, but ya see I do have a vary special place in my hart for the Pennsy Box cabs :D

I believe this is what your looking for ( FMA viaduct high rail w 12 )

trainz%202015-05-12%2008-20-51-59_zpsevum1xxt.png

Matt

Last edited:
Nice pic's Railwoodman, I don't recognize the catenary you are using though. I do like the box cabs , hopefully Steve does the P5 soon.

Sorry for the long time for a response, The cat is Gfisher's ( DL&W ) . And I thought it was on the DL, but when I put his name in they don't show, so I'm thinking there from uslw . But a quick look there shows nota ? The cat work on my route has been one of my big disappointments as to getting the look I want . ( RRSignal ) has a RDG cat set that are great , and that I like better to look more PRR. But the spacing is different , and the to rework my track to his spacing is just way to munch work. Gfisher's is still my first choice, but don't have the build up I'd like to see for yards and custom cat work . Sorry I can't help, but I still think that it's available somewhere, if I find it I'll send a link here

Matt

Back