PRR Screenshots

"I saw the X23 in the Trainz news and said I have to have that !!! They did a very nice job bravo!", said KenRouf in post #1438.

I got the X23 also. Yes, they did a very nice job on the mesh; detail is very good and correct. But the paint and lettering job is far from good; the lettering and especially the herald (logo) is not correct. Overall, I'd give it a C+ rating.

Adding another skin with correct paint and lettering would be a great addition to this model.

I thought this also, it could use a better "freight car color" and cars of this age did not have the keystone on them. But for 6 bucks I will not complain. I am not good at reskinning so I will run them as is.

I thought this also, it could use a better "freight car color" and cars of this age did not have the keystone on them. But for 6 bucks I will not complain. I am not good at reskinning so I will run them as is.

Unfortunately, if they are "official DLC", they probably won't be able to be edited. They'll install as "built-in" or "payware" with the permission tag included which prevents changes from being submitted :(

X23 cars did have keystones on them; they wore the "Circle Keystone" scheme most of their service lives (except for ones converted to MOW use). Although I'm pretty sure most were built without any herald, just text. Go to Google, click on Images, search for PRR X23 and you'll see lost of examples.

Well, I've spent a couple of hours searching for color pictures from the 1930's and 40's of these boxcars without luck. The few b&w photos show that the lettering and logos on these is spot on with the exception of the keystone not being in a white circle.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

All four skins.

I'd argue that 3DZugg's color choices are certainly reasonable for hard used, weathered boxcars. I would have loved to see some of the variants of the X23 like the vertically sheathed box, the stock car, and, of course, the NX23 WWII era cabin car http://www.trainsarefun.com/modeling/lirrNX23A.htm. Maybe in the future...

Last edited:
Thanks Ken ... Have been really enjoying your shots also . The British steam is fantastic in your scenes .

Not Steam , But A new toy all the same

Matt

:wave: Diesel may run a lot in the current day,

However I must say, Steam is truly a site to behold from the latest round of Pics displayed here :udrool:

If only if I had been born in the beginning of the 1900's.........Steam is still very much KING......

Nice shots Railwoodman. Hopefully something free in the pipeline for Coal Country and the Decapods in the not too distant future. :) (If you hadn't guessed it, its a session)

I can't take credit for the last shots being my route , they are from Scatchy 's Coal Country . But thanks Ken , my route has been greatly inspired by this Route :D Post's 1447 , 1448 mix and 1350 . 1451 are mine . For anyone who hasn't goten Coal Country from JR . I highly recommend this route , vary well done . And there is a free version also recommended . Scatchy , I will be anticipating some more fun with this work . LOL Your work changed my thinking on route building , vary well done sir . Could use a bit more Pennsy flavor . :hehe: But a route you lose hours too . LOL

My route

Matt

Back