Nfd05b0.png

akpSu5c.png

M8VLAGW.png

HSF2bGJ.png

muCTG9o.png

U5LMNst.png

hcXYVMS.png

nh0ZduT.png

ericmp, those are some really nice screenshots, enjoyed seeing the pictures of the route.

Signal-Bridge-2184.jpg

I1sa Eastbound with coal bound for Philadelphia. Passing through the cut at Curve No. 10 (MP 219), crossing bridges 218.88; 218.71; 218.42; while passing under signal bridge 2184/2185. view is from PA Route 5 (current day PA 453) looking railroad west. (See Triumph IV, 176-179)

This is the portion of my mega route that joins JRFolco's Pittsburgh to Altoona route, the main line is graded between Birmingham to Huntingdon. Just some bridge work, yard work at Huntingdon, and part of the Petersburg & Hollidaysburg Branch left to finish, and some basic scenery, and then to release it as a WIP.

Thanks PRR1361! It’s a great route, Railwoodman did a fantastic job.

And nice shot! Looks like your route is coming along nicely. Keep up the good work!

Petersburg%2C-PA.jpg

H9s in the hole at the Petersburg end of the Petersburg and Hollidaysburg Branch, waiting for the clear to continue eastbound with Cresson Branch coal, bound for either Philadelphia or Baltimore.

Short-Mountain.jpg

An H6sb hustling eastbound with a local freight. This picture was taken in Trainz 2019, the others have been in 2010. I have to say I really like how the textures look in 2019. I set myself back a little, I had bulk replaced a texture with another in Trainz10, and caused holes all along the route where the texture was, so the grading is done, now just to refix all the MicroDEM issues, and then re-texture.

Ericmp, Just downloaded Railwoodman's route the other day, still downloading the dependencies :)

Last edited:
WOW Everyone's post have been outstanding of late . And I even think some look failure .:cool: Please all keep um coming . I like to see all . My work continues . But wasn't happy with Harrisburg . So restarted . Harris tower and State just didn't look as I hoped . A lot done in other areas . But not post worthy .

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Also play with a new track

Love the shots, everyone.

Matt, my heart stopped when I saw GG1 4877 - what a maroon beauty! :cool: The shots of the bridge over the Susquehanna are wonderful.

Gary

While racing across the wilds of New Jersey on the Blue Comet, with the coast as my destination, I decided to enjoy the luxury of the dining car. It was mostly empty at this hour.

I looked through the window and could see the engine as it pulled us through a curve and onto a bridge. Fortunately, I had a camera at the ready.

srN1AZUS_o.jpg

It was early morning, with some patches of lingering ground fog and mist that hadn't burned off yet. Mike had drawn his assignment and engine, and while the assignment to drag a short consist of freight to the Pittsburgh Strip District and spot them at several industries was no surprise, getting "Old Bessie" certainly was. She was one of the few Atlantic 4-4-0s left in the yard. He hadn't expected Bessie to be pulled into service after her last overhaul, but here he was, gently easing her into the Island Avenue Yard to locate their short freight.

Earlier, the Dispatcher had advised that they'd also need to pick up all the freight cars on the strip, as he'd been noticed by numerous customers that they had cars that needed to be removed. When Mike gave him a long look, the Dispatcher smiled and reassured him that there couldn't be that many to pick up.

Mike was feeling a little better when the Dispatcher called over his shoulder that Mike was getting "One-eye" Bob for his fireman. Mike started to protest, but the Dispatcher had moved really fast after this last bombshell, and was just turning the corner of the station, calling back that he had complete confidence that Mike would be just fine.

Mike was in a really fine mood when he headed to the shed to collect One-eye. It wasn't that Bob had one eye. The nickname came from the fact that you had to keep one eye out for Bob at all times, as he had a tendency to let his mind wander or get himself into dangerous situations. Rumor had it he'd been a brakeman, and got launched off a runaway boxcar, clipping his head on a light pole. He'd never been the same since, but he was related to some higher up muck, so he somehow got promoted to fireman. He was pleasant enough to deal with, but you always had to keep a close watch on him to keep him out of danger. Just great! mumbled Mike.

2Nhjetas_o.jpg

Mike and One-eye Bob meet a Decapod pulling a long freight as they exit out of "the Trench" at the Island Avenue Yard East junction and head for the Pittsburgh Strip District.

After traveling up the ramp to gain elevation, Mike had a clear track for crossing the Allegheny River. Usually there is traffic oncoming at this area, but this early morning, they are alone. They are aproaching the Fort Wayne Railroad Bridge. The City looms on the other side of the river, still shrouded a bit in mist and smoke and shadowed by the hillside. One-eye Bob has stoked the coal well and takes a break, catching the breeze that always runs along the river.

MOxLqTll_o.jpg

Mike leaned out his window to take in the view, as they passed the Pennsylvania Station. There was all sorts of activity going on, as expected.

Mike caught a glimpse of a Bronze K4 Express passenger train, but it was covered quickly as a local pulled in, blocking his view of the streamlined engine. The local was pulled by one of the E6 Lindbergs, which he would have much preferred to be driving at this moment, rather than trying to keep Bessie running. There was also a K4 in rare form, with large smoke deflectors, waiting to depart the station with another express train lined up at the first passenger island. Mike let himself daydream just for a moment, wondering what it would be like to drive those big passenger trains across the State.

Then Bessie belched, lurched, and brought him back to reality. Mike noticed that more water was needed and One-eye was still hanging his head out the window. "Water, Bob," he called. Bob quickly attended to Bessie.

emdjCFsy_o.jpg

They passed by the busy train station, and Mike saw that the signals were lined up to keep him on the main until the second set of 4-track crossings. He figured there was probably another passenger train due, and Dispatch didn't want them on the oncoming track any longer than necessary.

When they got to the second set of crossing tracks, all four switches were already lined up, and they made the smooth slide across all the tracks and onto the junction lead that took them towards the Pittsburgh Strip District. Things were going just way too smoothly. It almost seemed as if the skids were being greased for them.

zPzXnlp6_o.jpg

As they eased through the business district and out onto the Pittsburgh Strip District, both Mike and Bob suddenly saw a jaw-dropping sight. There were cars to be picked up at just about every single industry as far as the eye could see.

"Damn, that Dispatcher has got to hate me!" blurted Mike out loud. "There are cars at every industry. We are going to be here all day," he exclaimed.

Bob seemed nonplussed. "Hey Boss, did you look behind us? There are more cars back there too," he added helpfully.

That settled it, Mike said to himself. The Dispatcher really does hate him, or he's some kind of sadistic jerk. Mike sighed and eased Bessie forward. They had work to do. This was still way better than digging coal in a mine 1 mile deep.

Life on the Railroad.

Dd7LJ0NC_o.jpg

BTW Nice shots ALL

198902447_2619587091521203_7588444216043372785_n.jpg

Continuing a conservation from the GG1 skinning thread .
If I remember correctly the P5s also suffered from derailments on tight curves because of their long wheel base.
I'm not an expert on this . But due know of reading of both the P5a's and GG1's not being great tracking on tighter curves . Both had rep's of distorting switches and curved rails . The P5's were originally to be used as local fast passenger serves . But were found to be to light for some of the heavier trains . And pulled on light rails . I don't hold to this because of all the photos of P5 and P5a pulling 5 0r 6 car passenger . But one can only imagine that time . Both had issues when Tracking over complex switching in stations . And I can see this as ware trouble happened .

And both pulled for the light rail commuters . It's where they seemed to have gained theses reps . Doing what they never were planed to be doing . But did out of needs . As a kid I remember watching the G's going thought the yard tracks at vary low speeds and hearing the rail strain as they went over the rails . A sound ya never quit forget .:hehe:

Matt

Here end my ramble

Last edited:
I had told some of you that i would be giving out what I've done on the route for testing and suggestion for improvement . And then power out of my control have made me miss my own self imposed date to do so . Sorry for that . Those of you who do have my work have greatly impressed me with suggestion and comments . I had always wanted to make this sort of an collaboration of many . But my lack of PC skill prevented me of doing so . So As I have been greatly inspired by PRR1361 work and DEM's . His being on the DLS . I am going to do so by this weekend . I will be continuing , but want to get into making content and skinning . To many ideas . And not enough time . Plus power out of my control are once more tapping my shoulder . So what time I did have is going to be murky at best . Such is life .

Anyways ......... Here's some shots of what's going up .

All your best

Matt

More work in the PRR club thread

Matt,
Nice shots, as always. :cool:

It's a huge project you've undertaken, and it's too bad that you are being pulled away from what is obviously a labor of love, but that is what happens in real life. I hope you can still work on the route, because it clearly gives you lots of pleasure.

I'd love to see just how much you've accomplished. It is such a cool project.

Gary

Always good to visit the PRR thread to see how you are progressing. I do hope you can keep working on your route, perhaps a shorter version ??.
Cheers, Ken

Gary , Thanks . But it's by far not the largest one out there . And I'm not walking away from the work . It's I've done the math . Hours working at the PC , searching , researching and Playing . Wants , needs and wife don't all agree with each other . So what I've done if I disappeared tomorrow . { not going to happen } It would be there for some one to carry on . Jackson has impressed me alone with many others . Way to many to name all . Sorry . But you all know who you are .

Another subject is that I have looked at Dreaming again . And feel the need to give it a final done mark ?

My enjoyment of all the post here have made my day stuck in my chair all the more tolerable . Trainz , family . As I said before . Too many ideas .

Ken Thanks sir.....Just to make it clear . I'm not going any ware . It's what I call a preemptive strike against life . The work on the route is still my goal . As driving a consist from Altoona to Pittsburg and then back to Philly is my kind of fun . I know strange , but I like it . Yes my wife would agree I need help .

Latter

Matt

Not able to upload . I haven't any idea why . But may just post a link here tonight or tomorrow sometime . Says I'm not logged on ?

Matt

Back