World Builder

steveskyliner1

TRS2004 Routebuilder
I spent 3 Years building a route in Trainz 2004 , Bought World Builder and have to REBUILD IT BECAUSE THE TRACK IMPORTS IN THE WRONG POSITION ! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. BETTER TO JUST MAKE A NEW ROUTE IN 2009 EDITION OR GO BACK TO 2004 VERSION . THAT'S A GOOD IDEA !'M OFF. NOT AMUSED . IF I DID AS BAD AS THIS IN MY JOB , I WOULD BE BANKRUPT AND SACKED ! :(

Aside from a few pieces of custom content that would not work in the 2009, all my layouts have tranferred as expected. After correcting the faulty assets they too work on the layout.

Did you use a lot of custom track that perhaps is not available in WBE or perhaps on the DLS? This is the only thing I can think of which would cause the rails to be positioned incorrectly.

Bricey (Brian)
- too many others with the same name....!!!

I'll try and translate your post into normal polite English: "When I import routes from older versions of Trainz into TS2009 track appears all over the place as well as where it should do. Can anybody help with my problem (by the way I'm too lazy to use the search button here)."

Is that what you meant? Although as he's now gone I guess we'll never know...

Paul

Hi Paul,

I was just trying to be polite and ignore the implications. I'm so tired of the anger that seems to come across for some folks who post these types of messages.

I too have been frustrated in the past and so I just ignore overtones and try to offer assistance if only in saying that I have never had the problem.

One day everyone will learn to be polite but I'll probably be dead from this cancer long before that happens!

Bricey (Brian)

Lost in translation !

Vorsprung durch tecknik ! Andi ghamisu , asto thiahlo ghamotti malachia ! All the time it's supposed to take to come up with a better version of something that works in the original format then why throw it away and come up with something that doesn't work ? Beats me. No translation required but if you read anger into what I wrote in either language , good for you , at least you can read ! Malaka !

If the track you used has errors, it will also be replaced by the default Auran new track. I simply found the broken config file and saved it. Since I had deleted missing assets from my route, the Auran track didn't revert to my old one, so I did a search and replace, which simply updated the Auran track back to the original one that I was using in the first place. The change process took all of 15 seconds if that.

Steve.... You don't have to yell and scream at the community. We're here to help you and understand your frustration. I've been supporting end users close to 20 years now, and the people that scream the loudest are the ones that get taken care of last. Remember that going forward, and you'll achieve better results.

John

Last edited:
I have ported my 2004 content to 2006 and 2009 without any problems. Check your content for errors, you will find that is the cause NOT the program.

not the prog ?

I've use this thing for long enough and built miles of maps ! They worked fine in 2004 vers ! Best one so far , glad I didn't get rid ! Still they didn't let you add to stuff with 2006 vers , another waste of money. Got the Ultimate vers. Still 2004 better ! Honestly I give up. Every other updated prog I have has followed on and learned from the past , these guys don't and remind me of the microsoft geeks that send you in circles when you try to contact them. I'm not even going down that road as it's a waste of time . No errors , and i'm not going into rewriting the prog at moment , too busy. If it worked right I wouldn't have time to be on here ! Neither would anyone else. Think about it. Why did everyone buy the prog? To talk about it on here , or to use it ?, MSN does that for free ! . . . .

Last edited:
Why did everyone buy the prog? To talk about it on here , or to use it ?
Actually I use the TS2009 everyday, if I have a problem I ask nicely on here for help. I don't go shouting and name calling and threatening the company who produced it.

TS2009 is a very good peace of software and is a big advancement compared to previous versions. As I said, I use it everyday and I read these forums everyday.

Nathan

This is getting sad now . THIS IS APPARRENTLY SHOUTING TOO !
I use this every day . . . GO GET A JOB !:hehe:
If you hadn't noticed there is a major Job problem at the moment and I for 1 am one of the unlucky ones!

This thread is getting very sad, especially when people come on here and shout about problems that only occurs for them and don't listen when people are trying to be helpful with advice.

Nathan
Warehouse Manager (made redundent by the recession!!)

College Boy

Whilst off work may I suggest you take an English course before trying to educate ME ? It's late now ,if you get to bed early ,you could go the job centre in the morning and apply to work with my company as I am employing people whilst everyone else is kicking them out. What a market I have it's great when you work for yourself !

Guess the question is where are you based and what is your business?

The job situation is hitting particular areas alot harder and the area I live in is one of the worst affected. I was in the job centre on Friday and Yesterday. I also have friends who work in the DWP and they stated they are processing in excess of 1000 applications a week for benefits. More companies have announced they are letting staff go, and Agency positions are non-existent.

As this is now off topic I don't think it is appropriate to carry on with the moaning and griping.

All I can say is good luck to you if your business is doing well whilst others suffer but that does not allow for personal attacks on this forum.

Nathan

Hi steveskyliner1

I believe you have found an intended feature. What has happened is this: You've imported the layout, but missed a couple of dependencies (in this case, splines and tracks). So as to avoid the old 'black screen of death' that we saw in 04-TC3, they have made TS09 replace any missing spline type assets with the default track. If you see this happen, simple exit (hopefully it hasn't auto-saved here), and go and install these missing dependencies (via CM2, which will give you a list of them if you right click on your layout, and go 'show dependencies'). The same might also happen if you have a faulty spline asset as well.

As Paul said, you can easily use the search button to find this information :)

Zec

Steve, I've also learned that each version of Trainz degrades with each new permutation. I too am a dyed in the wool TRS2004 owner and I bought 2006 and now 2009 with no great expectations for any magic overall improvements.
Thus far, I've run into several problems that I've never encountered before and have found no solutions, but as this new kid on the block grows, perhaps all of these issues can be solved with few dozen more patches and updates.

Have to agree with steve and caseyJ the latest isn't always the best. Sure 2006 was reasonable if you can get past the poor sound and the multitude of other "issues". TC1/2? Has "issues" with some fixed track objects which cause fatal errors and crash to desk top, as these aren't faulty it would be reasonable to think the problem is with the software. Both TC versions have issues with US diesel sound effect libraries, again not faulty. They don't cause fatal errors just bad sound. Either this is a software problem or insufficient beta testing. BTW these assets work with no problems in TRS2004. Those that continually claim "not the software", try adding some YARN intersections or VSR crossings to a route in TC, try running a US diesel that uses US or VMD sound effects library in TC3 and listen to the sound. Nothing wrong with the software of course, I'll stay with 2004 too. Yeah what was wrong with 2004 sound that it had to be meddled with?

Last edited:
Back