config.chump -- file format

TheDavidWhite

Does anyone know how to unravel the asset config.chump files without actually selecting the asset and choosing to edit it. I would like to extract the information in the config files and stream it into a database -- I'm a database and spreadsheet person and find it difficult to keep track of what I have by any other way.

All I need is the format -- of course any code (preferaby visual basic) would be nice, but the format woud be enough.

Oh and I am using TRS 2009

cheers

David

Does anyone know how to unravel the asset config.chump files without actually selecting the asset and choosing to edit it. I would like to extract the information in the config files and stream it into a database -- I'm a database and spreadsheet person and find it difficult to keep track of what I have by any other way.

All I need is the format -- of course any code (preferaby visual basic) would be nice, but the format woud be enough.

Oh and I am using TRS 2009

cheers

David

Hi David,

From what I know, the config.chump file is compressed to save space. I may be wrong. The only way I know how to access this type of file is to open it in CM2.

I am keen to know more about your database and spreadsheet work in Trainz. That may well be something a lot of Trainzers would be interested in. I certainly am.

Please keep us posted?

Pete

It's quite easy in TRS2004, we can use TrainzObjectz, shame that they didn't think of this with TRS2006 & upward. :p

David,
TS2009 is in a database structure, stored in hash folders in the local folder and CM2 is its manager/viewer that provides search parameters for a varity of views.

As far as the config.chump file format is concerned, it is the ASCII config.txt file but with numerical values stored as hexidecimal and also may include the graphic code used to display the thumbnail in the Search Action Panel.

Bob

Back