"Couple Junction rule" Is there such a thing?

edion2

I was wondering . . .

There are situation when you want to couple or join one junction to another.

Example : For each end of a X-over or a double X-over, both junctions (one on each end of a X-over) need to be set for "X-over" or "straight".

There are other situations when one junction set one way MUST ALWAYS have another junction set a certain.

Is there a RULE where operating one junction will operate another corresponding junction to be set a certain way ??

In a situation like a X-over, just operating ONE always sets the other will sure makes things easier.

How many time have we derailed a train just because we forgot to set the other end of a X-over ?? :confused:

It seems it would be very useful to have such a rule.

I was wondering . . .

There are situation when you want to couple or join one junction to another.

Example : For each end of a X-over or a double X-over, both junctions (one on each end of a X-over) need to be set for "X-over" or "straight".

There are other situations when one junction set one way MUST ALWAYS have another junction set a certain.

Is there a RULE where operating one junction will operate another corresponding junction to be set a certain way ??

In a situation like a X-over, just operating ONE always sets the other will sure makes things easier.

How many time have we derailed a train just because we forgot to set the other end of a X-over ?? :confused:

It seems it would be very useful to have such a rule.

Check the download station for junctions. There is an item there which will allow you to have two junctions working as one.
There is also more there too. One of the items allows very fine control of junctions.
You place these items in Surveyor, only one is needed for the control. You are better off if you name your junctions.
Have fun.

Pete

ps. here are the ones you need. They all do different things.
Junction Controller,<kuid:122381:10004>
Junction Controller v2,<kuid:122381:10005>
Junction Link,<kuid:122381:10003>

Last edited:
GREAT !

R707,

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded the "Controllers" and the "link" asset. Very cool ! It works great.

I still need to experiment with the "Controller V2" to get it to work right, but the other two are easy to use.

Thanks.

R707,

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded the "Controllers" and the "link" asset. Very cool ! It works great.

I still need to experiment with the "Controller V2" to get it to work right, but the other two are easy to use.

Thanks.

No Probs, glad to help.

The "Controller V2" works somewhat like the others, but gives you more options depending on the condition of other turnouts.

One thing I have found, it is a lot easier to work with if your turnouts are named.

I know you will get the hang of it, hey, I did, so it must be easy.

Pete

besoin d'aide

Excusez moi de vous derranger,
j'ai entendu parlé de junction controlleur v2,
et j'aimerais savoir comment faire et ou je pourrais aller pour me le procurer!!!
Merci d'avance pour votre aide

Fred

Excusez moi de vous derranger,
j'ai entendu parlé de junction controlleur v2,
et j'aimerais savoir comment faire et ou je pourrais aller pour me le procurer!!!
Merci d'avance pour votre aide

Fred
Dans le Gestionnaire de Contenu, Réglez le filtre pour le Nom, et la recherche "Junction Controller V2".
La recherche devrait produire un résultat:<kuid:122381:10005>, Ensuite, téléchargez l'actif.

FW

Last edited:
Back