North Central Colorado

NCC Route Kuid & location?

Hi, this looks amaziing.

Please tell me it is available for download & the details for doing so?

Thanks
wmm1216

OOps - no offence intended - just excited about it

I looked everywhere I could think of before I posted my query as I could not find it.

As a former computer programmer, I really appreciate ALL the hours spent in creating a great route!

Still excited.....

Jim's route is a tasty work of art, and I hope it comes to a point where he will consider releasing it someday.:)

comes to a point where he will consider releasing it someday.
Yeah, if he is still working on it. I'm in love with the route too, yet seeing no updates regarding it, it is regeristring as a dead production to me. Thats my thoughts. Wish we would all know if it is still going strong with the route production.

Thanks for your interest wmm1216, Thad, Ed.

I continue working on it, but due to health issues at a much slower pace. It's old news now, but due to Auran's new owners decision to axe all pre-2009 Trainz content from the DLS, there's no place to upload the route and corresponding content without having to burden a 3rd party web site. There is over 1000 custom made items that go with this small portion of the master-route that would most likely mean having content getting scattered or lost. Just regarding uploading content needed for this small section, I've been concerned about this turning into a missing content nightmare. This was happening even with the DLS just before they pulled the plug. Lots of content disappeared with no explanation, meaning a lot of time was wasted.

If I get some motivation back I will get a web site planned out and upload everything in an organized manner as I originally intended. Anyway, sorry for the derailment from the original plan.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful route, I must say...it makes me want to build the fleet of Great Western 2-8-0s and go for a spin (with old 90, of course:)) makes me feel humbled when i think that i try to be a route creator, and i'm in the same leauge as people like you.

but, i understand your situation, so whatever happens, we'll always have the screens to drool over!

NCC status - your health comes first

First and foremost is that your health must come first!!!

The NCC route and related material has obviously created a lot of excitement over the years - a complement to you and your efforts! I am just a newbie looking for great routes to run.

As for Auran and the DLS concept, I am a fan of routes that are "complete" and lpackaged without the need to download a lot of items before I can run it. There are a number of other sites that may accept donated routes and host them.

However it turns out, your efforts were not wasted. I cannot even dream of routes of the quality of NCC let alone build one. I enjoy running the trains and appreciating the skills of others.

Take care of youorself and perhaps we will be able to see soem or all of your creation running someday.

Cheers,

Sorry for the ~3 year bump, but I wanted to show my support for this. I've been traveling in the Fort Collins/southern Wyoming area and I think it's absolutely beautiful. I'd love to be able to revisit in in Trainz, for sure!

Jim, if you're still here and working on this, and if you're still looking for a way to upload this, I'd love to work with you in finding a way to do that.

Perfect idea, I have seen the GWR 2239 being on trains a lot through Timnath. I will be downloading this!

It is kinda too bad that Auran got rid of all the trainz '06 and earlier content, bringing this with it. There should be an effort to recreate this route. Perhaps the current version should have oil industries, as there is today. BTW there is a computer box that got installed recently in Timnath for rolling stock owners to know where their cars are. Again, good idea and this should be resurrected for TNE.

Why would it be resurrected for TANE? It was okay for the time it was built and the standards and computer specs available, but it's 3/4 years ago. A lot has changed. The program he was using is 8/9 years old.

"there's no place to upload the route and corresponding content without having to burden a 3rd party web site." JimDep, could you please specify which 3rd party site this content is hosted on?
Thanks,
Maas124

Back