North Central Colorado

A few years ago, this little area called Sinnard Industrial (been around since the early 1900's) was a pretty hopin' place. GWR and BNSF would service these businesses called the Poudre Valley Coop by I-25, such as Ace Hardware, FT Collins Truss (building supplies), John Deere Tractor, Hydra Trucking warehouse, and the Centennial Livestock auction.

The end of the line for the Black Hollow Branch a year ago was just east of the Cloverleaf Mobile Home Park:

Until recently, the track east of I-25 was used as overflow and extra storage for the North Yard to ease up traffic problems:

Sadly this section of track is no longer in service (pic taken last September):

The new end of line has been moved west of I-25. The BH branch now only services Ace Hardware for occasional deliveries of liquid fertilizer:

For the purpose of the Trainz route, the Poudre Valley Coop continues to receive goods from the rails and the line is back in service:

Eastern Larimer and western Weld Counties are under a severe thunderstorm warning:

3D screenie
Cloverleaf Mobile home park on the right

Last edited:
Wow Jim!

I'm continually impressed by your work. Thanks for sharing these pics! This is really coming along nicely and I look forward to more.

Cheers!

Track

Your route, and Track (where can I find the track) is amazingly realistic !:cool:
How did you do the great 3D photos ?

Last edited:
How did you do the great 3D photos ?

Hi cascaderailroad,

The 3D photos are created using the Nvidia stereo driver 71.89
I think the driver works with most Nvidia cards.
A hot-key setting will switch it over to 3D and then you can use "print screen." The pic isn't quite as 3D looking as when you are running in Driver, but it's do-able.
Thanks for the feedback. The content will be uploaded to DLS when I get this section of the route done. Hopefully soon.

Working on backdrops this week. These shots are still east of I-25.

I have a mediocre computer and graphics card and I'm not seeing a drag on the frame rates using this method..... yet. So far so good.

This first pic is looking north. The overpass, billboard, tractor, structures and trees in the distance are 2 backdrops. The Phantom Fireworks billboard does light up at night.

The mobile home park is a combo of a couple rows of a few repeated low poly mobile homes sitting in front of a mobile home park backdrop to give the illusion of a large park.

Wow...Thats killer.....If ya dont mind me asking....And a lot of ppl do...And I hate asking these things but...Whats the kuids for them trailer homes???

Thanks for the feedback.

W, I haven't uploaded em yet. Send me a PM and let me know what design you want..... 2x wide...... single....new....old.....covered porch......2 1/2 bath.....wood burning stove........ how many ceiling fans.........hahahahahah............red neck stair case.......or just the basic low poly.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.

W, I haven't uploaded em yet. Send me a PM and let me know what design you want..... 2x wide...... single....new....old.....covered porch......2 1/2 bath.....wood burning stove........ how many ceiling fans.........hahahahahah............red neck stair case.......or just the basic low poly.

:eek: SAY WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW....Thats a lot.....LOL....I'll get ya an IM here.......:wave:

Nice shots Jim. :)

I really love the track and look forward to seeing more shots!

Keep up the good work.

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Liking this Thread Jim keep up the Brilliant work,those photoskin buildings are looking fantastic I'd image they would highly downloaded items if you decided to upload to the DLS. :) Cheers Andrew.

Thanks Andrew and Jade.
Jade, hope you can make it back soon for a visit.

Updates for this week.

Working westward in the Sinnard Industrial area along the Black Hollow Branch. Industries on the north side of the tracks include the Ft Collins Truss lumber yard, and liquid fertilizer storage for the Poudre Valley Coop.

Last edited:
Back