angelah

I am sure this has been mentioned before but I cannot find it in a search.

When I run TO for 2004 I get several faults pop up where the kuid number ends in 127. It tells me I must change them manually but what to? Is it 1 or 2 or 7????

Puzzled...

Angela

Most of the items I have changed I have simply used 1 and then used TO too delete the dispatcher chump without any problems
Bob V

When I run TO for 2004 I get several faults pop up where the kuid number ends in 127. It tells me I must change them manually but what to? Is it 1 or 2 or 7????

Puzzled...

Angela

Hi Angela,

I beleive that happened when kuid2s first came out, it was caused by creators uploading with a zero at the end. If you change it to 1 that should fix the problem.

Cheers,
Bill

Thanks both

Hi chaps,
And thanks for the info. I will go make surgery on the offending kuids!

Bless you both,

Angela

changed

Have just changed them.... fingers, eyes and legs crossed!

I assume the kuid inside the config needs changing as well as the file name? I have done that anyway...

And while I was at it I thought I would experiment with the gated crossings 1942:38108 to see if adding a slightly different track attachment line(s) would cause a crash.
It didn't and as far as I know the built-in tracks change to whatever you attach to them, in my case I used VSR ones. Locos ran and everything is hunky-dorey.
Of course I don't need to change the configs at all with 04 and will change it back, but it might help those with TC3.

Angela

Wromg!

After editing the config I forgot to delete the chumps so I was working with old settings.

Once they are rebuilt there is only 1 track left in a double crossing, although at least that does change to the track being connected.

All I have to do now is work out how to get two tracks showing in the crossing....

Angela

Hi Angela,

I am not quite up with that sort of modification, but there are some crossings on the DLS that have rails changing to whatever is connected to them. Unfortunately they are not gated, only barrier arms, but if you have a look at the config txt file for one it might help you to understand how it is done. Look for kuid2:45676:128025:1 That one is an unprotected crossing but the traffic still stops when a train is in the vicinity.

Cheers,
Bill69

Puzzled...

Angela

Angela

As others have said, this happens when a creator uploads a kuid2:XXX:YYYY:0 which, despite Auran's statements to the contrary, is not treated (by Content Dispatcher or possibly the DLS software) as equivalent to kuid:XXX:YYYY . Instead, the version number 0 gets bumped up to the highest possible value in the kuid2 format, which is 127. Auran still haven't fixed that as far as I know, so you may still occasionally see new 127's on the DLS.

Trainzobjectz sees it as an error, but in syntax terms, it's not - someone just might one day make 128 versions of something! The only downside is that the creator cannot obsolete a 127 asset via the kuid2 system. They presumably would need to use a whole new number (in the YYYY bit) and obsolete the 127 using an obsolete-table entry in the config.

If you manually change a 127 to something else, and manually adjust any dependencies that refer to it, then I guess it should still work on your system....

....BUT if the original creator decides to obsolete their 127 using the same number you manually chose, then there is a chance your download system will not 'see' it because it thinks you already have it. I think that's a possibility unless someone can tell me otherwise. Also if you upload an asset that uses the 127 as a dependency but refers to it by your manually inserted kuid number, then it will cause a 'missing kuid' error for other people trying to use your asset.

I've chosen to archive any 127's just to avoid the TO 'error' message and any possible errors arising from using 'non-official' kuid numbers. It also means my downloader will pick up any official versions that obsolete the 127's (a case in point being the new version of the Slugsmasher log dump industry uploaded to correct a 127 error).

~ D

Attachments

Hi Angela,

I am not quite up with that sort of modification, but there are some crossings on the DLS that have rails changing to whatever is connected to them. Unfortunately they are not gated, only barrier arms, but if you have a look at the config txt file for one it might help you to understand how it is done. Look for kuid2:45676:128025:1 That one is an unprotected crossing but the traffic still stops when a train is in the vicinity.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hello Bill69,
I think it is something to do with how many attachment points to rails are set up in the mesh. The 1942 ones I experimented on only had one line mentioned in the config so I think both tracks pointed in the same 'direction' so only 2 attachments were needed.
Yet another crossing had 4 points listed in the config. However it seems it is not possible just to slip those lines into the other crossing, it then loses one of the tracks...
It needs the creator to modify the mesh I should imagine. Never mind, it was just a shot in the dark hoping to help a friend who uses TC3.

Bless you for posting though,

Angela

Back