Changing Road Traffic

Would anyone be able to explain to me how I can get certain downloadable vehicles (a particular car or truck) to travel the roads and highways of a layout and eliminate others?

I start to lose the reality factor when I have 1940 open top double decker buses travelling the highways of 2008 Alberta and British Columbia or Ferrari's ripping down the backroads and logging roads of British Columbia, Canada when what I would like to see are semi's and SUV's. I really would like to change these!

Thanks,
CharlieLima

You add them in the Config file of your Region. This question has been answered many times. Try a Search for "Traffic, Config, Region." You should find several threads that will explain how you can add/change traffic in your region (or make your OWN region.)

Thanks Dave,
I figured this subject had been explained to death but I was never able to find the right advice or use the correct search parameters. I'm sure that all this will be a help.
CharlieLima

You are certainly welcome. And BTW, you can add MORE DIFFERENT VEHICLES than the listed kuids in the config file. I think I have 23 different vehicles in one of my created regions. You might get an error Exclamation Mark in CMP, but it will still work. However, the AMOUNT of traffic won't increase. There is still never enough cars on the roads in Trainz to suit me, but I've yet to see any tweaks that would INCREASE the number of cars & trucks on the roads. And they all still drive at 22 mph! Lotsa slow drivers in the Trainz world!! :hehe:

hi dave
you change the density of the traffic by changing the carrate amount

i have had very dense traffic on my test road in the city

cheers
ron

Turn off Road Traffic

I am using TRS2004 and when I creating a new route I turn off the road traffic in the surveyor mode. I do this to save on the stuttering when I drive the route. When I first drive the new route the road traffic remains off. The problem occurs when I open the saved route and now the traffic is back on and I cannot turn if off. Does anyone have a solution to my problem:wave:

From the CCG:
carrate​
Defines traffic density on road (minimum seconds
between each car generated).
0 = No traffic.​
Number must be greater than 3.

So I guess setting carrate 4, the max rate is 4 seconds between 2 cars being generated but not a car every 4 seconds since the setting is minimum time between car generation.

Bob

Back