wont run after rebuild

fran1

adhesion is a must
2006 build 3092.
rebuilt comp yet again,mobo, pcu,graphics card. the built in sessions will run fine. downloaded sessions are a none starter. Although I can get into them in surveyor.
have 2 hard drives 1 for system drivers only the other for anthing else, its partitioned to keep trainz separate. plenty of spare on both drives. The system drivers drive is new. all is ok.
mobo is P45 platinum(msi),3.16g dual core 1333mhz cpu, graphics nvidea 9600 GSO (until my gtx 285 comes back from RMA).700w psu.6 gig ram.
Do I need to delete assets.tdx or something similar and let content manager rebuild it.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Fran1

What you are describing suggests that the assets.tdx needs deleting and also assets.bku in the cache folder (if it exists - not always present). If you have a lot of downloaded content in the local folder it may take quite a long time to rebuild the database. Try this first and if it doesn't work post back and we will try to help you further.

Regards

Brian

thanks for your reply, tried it, no go. Assets.tdx had 18936 kb, deleted it let content manager do it's bit and had 2184 kb when finished. i went to the recycle bin and put the original file back.
Have just copied my local file to the desktop, along with a copy of assets.tdx.
When I go into the trainz drive everything seems to be there.
Prior to copying the folders am now struggling to open trainz.
Any more suggestions are welcome.
I can open trainz ok now, downloaded routes will run with built in content only, downloaded content freezes it within 10-20 secs.

Last edited:
Hi again fran1

Sorry for the late reply but I've been away for 3 days. It sounds as though some of the data in your local folder may be corrupted. Did you save it to somewhere safe before rebuilding the computor? If you did and you still have the origional then I would suggest deleting the local folder and copying the backup over again, Delete the assets files again and let the database rebuild them. If the backup was good this may repair it. However if the data was corrupted when making the backup in the first place then there may be nothing you can do.

Regards

Brian

Morning Brian,
After roughly 2 days of serious head scratching CMP took ages to load and guess what, everything came back. Why it took 2 days is beyond me. It was all on a separate drive to the system drive I replaced so in theory should have been able to run straight away. The annoying thing was I could access everything in CMP+ surveyor but couldn't in driver sessions mode. So I knew it was there but I was starting to doubt my sanity. One good thing came out of it, I now have no faulty or missing dependancies, yes all my sessions ran before I touched them. Only obsolete tags blah, blah,blah.
thanks for your input, helped keep me on the right side of lunacy!!!

Back