'Derby Works' (WIP)

Napalm

Back in Blighty.......
Hi all,

Thought I would post a couple of pics of my current project that I am working on. It will eventually become a Semi-Prototypical route (I say 'Semi' as I don't want to create an ultra realistic route) based on the Railway in the Midlands, UK.

I have started the route at Derby and concentrated on the Derby Works which I think has turned out well (well I would say that :hehe: ).
napalm_20090209_0004.jpg

A view of the South End of Derby Works

napalm_20090209_0003.jpg

A view of the North End of Derby Works

napalm_20090209_0002.jpg

A Class 08 sitting outside of the Carriage Sheds and Workshops.

Hope you like them, any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Napalm

Beautiful work :)

That 3D track is alright, but I think it could be replaced with something more "integrated". I think that one would change the track if they wanted to later on(via the "Replace Asset" function in the TS2009 toolbar at the top of the screen where it is hidden). Anyways, I've no problems with it, and I'm excited for its release. Now if Dave(Nexusdj) only releases the BR Blue HST sets. Then we'll certainly be in business :)

Ike

Thanks guys,

@Isaacg - It's no where near ready yet, I've only just returned to Trainz as I now have quite a bit of time on my hands (due to our economic situation) and am having to re-learn a lot of things :eek:.

Should have mentioned that this is in TRS2009 and that's the 'Auran' Track - I'm waiting for some more track to be released.

Napalm

Just a couple more quick pics,

One for Isaacg :)
napalm_20090210_0001.jpg

Intercity HST in the Stabling Sidings.

napalm_20090210_0000.jpg

A Class 158 about to cross the River Derwent on the Derby-Spondon Line heading towards Derby.

Just an Update

Hey folks, here's another installment to show where i've got to.

napalm_20090216_0000.jpg

A class 50 being loaded with New Ballast in the Chaddesden Sidings

napalm_20090216_0001.jpg

A roofless Derby Station

napalm_20090216_0002.jpg

MML HST leaves Derby station crossing the River Derwent and passing the entry to Chaddesden Sidings

Hope you all enjoy them :)

I'm still working on it :)

Just a quick update to say I'm still working on my MML route although recently I have been working more on the Class 44.

napalm_20090308_0000.jpg

A quick pic showing the new 3D trees in TS2009 produced by Jankvis and Kemplen.
The pic shows Pear Tree Station with the start of a housing estate in the background.

Nathan

The houses are by domsarto and are available on the DLS.

DS Suburban Houses 02 Spline - kuid:342053:25049
DS Suburban Houses 01 Spline - kuid:342053:25048

There marked as 'Trainz Service Pack 3' content so they should work with 2006.

Nathan

Another Piccie :)

Here's a quick picture I took whilst playing with the new YGH Hoppers that are available on the DLS :cool:

Napalm_20090417_0007.jpg

A Class 47 pulls a rake of YGH Hoppers at the outskirts of Derby heading towards Chaddersden Ballast Sidings to be loaded for an up-coming Engineering Possesion.

Nathan

Keep up the good work, that's going to be an impressive route.

Looking forward to a screenie of some 1970s olive sealions with a class 44 up front:)

Wow! That LOD drop out where the 2009 track change colors from light to dark is hideous! That's a shame, because otherwise you're building a nice route there.:)

Wow, that is looking very impressive.:cool: How many boards does it take up?
At the moment it's about 28 boards and I'm not out of Derby yet.

Napalm_20090418_0000.jpg

I've decided to try and get as much of the scenery around Derby done before I continue laying more track.

@Euphod - Yes, I was very dissapointed by the LOD's on the Auran TS2009 track, whilst it looks good close up it's a terrible jump in detail, hence why I have changed the track to something better.

Also, as a side note, I'm currently in the process of changing all the Turnouts for Andi06's animated ones as they work well in TS2009.

Nathan

I was encouraged enough by your building to try running in 2009 once more, but after 20 minutes I get artifacts and flashing and barely got out of there without a cold boot.

My system has an 8800GTS640, DuoCore 3.0 processor , 4Gb RAM and a constant temperature monitor. It never breaks a sweat!

It's too bad, for the half dozen or so people who report good luck with 2009, for me it's just a waste.:(

I was encouraged enough by your building to try running in 2009 once more, but after 20 minutes I get artifacts and flashing and barely got out of there without a cold boot.

My system has an 8800GTS640, DuoCore 3.0 processor , 4Gb RAM and a constant temperature monitor. It never breaks a sweat!

It's too bad, for the half dozen or so people who report good luck with 2009, for me it's just a waste.:(
Sorry to hear that Ed,

I'm running a 9600GS0 768MB, Core2Duo Processor with 4GB Ram. I did have artifacts at one point but that was me playing about with the Nvidia Settings, as soon as I had reverted them to default it was fine again. I guess you are running the latest drivers, not sure what else to suggest.

Nathan

Thanks for your sympathies...I suppose I could tinker away and get it to work, but it's just not that important to me. I've run into a period in my life where I am struggling to self motivate anyway, but I feel like I've tinkered with Trainz enough over the past 7 and 1/2 years.:D

Well, it's been a while since I posted here, thought I would post a quick update.

The route had kind of gone on hold whilst I waited for SP2 to be released but as I have been Beta testing the Public Beta's of SP2 I have been playing around with the layout.

Finally there is a very nice and suitable TS2009 track released by Rumour3 which is ideal for my layout so I am now in the process of replacing the track.

Here is a quick piccie of the new track -

Napalm_20090713_0000.jpg

I will post some more pictures as I progress.

Nathan

Back