A Traction Opportunity

Boco

Hi guys -

I received permission some time ago from a creator to allow me to convert some MSTS models to Trainz.

These are all 1900-1940 vintage traction models that can be seen here -

L&PS

Is there anyone interested in this project? Let me know.

Boco

Mmm... With the level of quality we see lately in Trainz, the models suggested are not to par. I doubt I would use them. But of course, any new material is welcome.

I thought some would be interested as we have very few traction models to choose from. Of course, it might also inspire creators into developing a segment of the North American railroad history that is sadly under-represented.

Boco

Last edited:
The freight loco has been made for Trainz and is on the DLS. Converting from MSTS to Trainz is a lot of work but there is very little US or Canada traction.

Isn't "traction" what happens when you break your leg?
I'm adverse to pain myself, but I know Boco is fascinated by traction!

Any traction equipment of US or Canadian origin would be welcome. I have used CP budd cars on a small traction line, but wanted something “not so modern”.
Aside from the 2 MILW traction units on the DLS, what other North American traction power is available and the file names?

Hi guys -

I received permission some time ago from a creator to allow me to convert some MSTS models to Trainz.

These are all 1900-1940 vintage traction models that can be seen here -

L&PS

Is there anyone interested in this project? Let me know.

Boco

Do you have the source files? What are they built in? If it's reasonably simple I might give it a whirl. The pantographs are different in Trainz and might be a problem. jwhelan0112 gmail.com

Cheerio John

It would be awsome if people made more american traction such as North Shore Line Milwaukee Electric Chicago Transit Authority and Chicago Surfice Lines:D

Back