DEM and Trainz 2009 WBE

capdiamont

Back when I had 2004 edition I converted dem with tiger info over to Trainz. I never did get very far with it, but I did get that far. Looking at other threads it looks pretty much the same. A test convert, looked ok, with a little quirk, but I can't remember how that little patch went back then. Looks like the directory naming is different. I'm a little surprised it isn't different due to the higher resolutions. Looks like Hogger hasn't changed.

Well looks like I have some errors in my gnd files. I tried merging two together, and one side I had a trench. Both sides has a lateral gap between the tracks. One problems is microdem won't allow me to do the Northern NWP when I try the zoom in part.

I have several concerns, one is making it accurate enough that other people can merge on to it. 2) a lot of the nuances of the different elevations around the bay is lost. I'm not sure if it doesn't exist in the dem, or lost in the processing. The stuff I have was downloaded in 2004-2005. 3) The lines hogger leaves is huge, and jagged, would Transdem be better pick? I say hugh, because it is much wider than the tracks.

HOG uses TIGER data which is an approximation of the actual location at best. the fault lies with the data not with HOG. You will definitely get better results with TransDEM...

I would check the TransDem thread in the 'Payware' section of the forum where doubtless there has been discussion of T'Dem v TRS09...

Back