Patch 38017 to 38285

weevil

. . joined September 2001
First off, thanks to the team at Auran for another patch. I am impressed. Perhaps we are seeing a genuine and dedicated effort to make sure that TS2009 will become the definitive version of Trainz for everyone! :)

One problem though, when I try to install the patch via the auto-update my machine crashes to the BSOD.

I downloaded and tried to install the manual patch, and this causes the PC to instantly reboot. :(

Anyone else having similar difficulties?

Stuart

This patch seemed to make things a little worse for me. Anyone else have the same trouble. I had routes with a lot of detail and texture that ran fine, except for the see thru trees, and after the patch I ended up with a lot of lag that I didn't have before.

-Joe

gonna pass on this update

it is NOT SP2, and dosent even fix the texture and cm2.0 problems!!!!!!!!!!

we need a real patch auran

Give them a chance! It doesn't fix everything by any means. In my opinion there is still a lot more to do, but I think you'll need to exhibit a bit more patience.

I am practically famous for being critical of Auran, but at the moment I have nothing but praise for the amount of effort and dedication that seems to be being put into making TS2009 a rock solid version. If we got one little patch like this every two months for the next two years, TS2009 would be superb.

I am not proposing that this will or should happen, but there is some important improvements in the patch. Most importantly it demonstrates a level of commitment that I haven't seen since TRS2004. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! :D

Stuart

This patch, although as Stuart said did not give us everything, fixed some problems that needed to be adressed. Stuart, you are a "critical" Thinker of Auran:hehe: . And as you said, I have nothing but good wishes to Auran for the patch. Now its time to WORK, on the CMP 2.0 problems and the textures and what not. This is a new game and as expected there are glitches. Not all games give the user this much freedom. Can't really think of any at all! So instead of getting mad (Different than Criticzing mind you) you can do 1 of 2 things,

#1 Go back to one of the older Auran games 04,06,UTC and what not

#2 Go find something else to do.

Understand I'm not trying to be mean. But for all its worth with this patch you can atleast see that Auran is trying to make up for there mistakes.

Just my 2 cents,

Ryan:wave:

First off, thanks to the team at Auran for another patch. I am impressed. Perhaps we are seeing a genuine and dedicated effort to make sure that TS2009 will become the definitive version of Trainz for everyone! :)

One problem though, when I try to install the patch via the auto-update my machine crashes to the BSOD.

I downloaded and tried to install the manual patch, and this causes the PC to instantly reboot. :(

Anyone else having similar difficulties?

Stuart
Hi Weevil
the auto install worked allright for me, but I had to repair the database twice
but that might be because a download crashed on me the night before!
there is another problem though, surveyor crashes when you come out of it but only on serten routes, and works alright on others.

True the new patch did fix some things. It also made some things worse. The things it made worse out way the things it fixed in my opinion. But I do give them A for effort.

Give them a chance! It doesn't fix everything by any means. In my opinion there is still a lot more to do, but I think you'll need to exhibit a bit more patience.

I am practically famous for being critical of Auran, but at the moment I have nothing but praise for the amount of effort and dedication that seems to be being put into making TS2009 a rock solid version. If we got one little patch like this every two months for the next two years, TS2009 would be superb.

I am not proposing that this will or should happen, but there is some important improvements in the patch. Most importantly it demonstrates a level of commitment that I haven't seen since TRS2004. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! :D

Stuart

I second this. Auran I think has become very responsive and the end result will be a truly outstanding version of Trainz. They appear to be very receptive to feedback on issues if communicated in the right spirit.

Even as we speak another patch is being beta tested which will address more of the know issues.

I second this. Auran I think has become very responsive and the end result will be a truly outstanding version of Trainz. They appear to be very receptive to feedback on issues if communicated in the right spirit.

Even as we speak another patch is being beta tested which will address more of the know issues.

Good to hear, but I hope that the next patch doesn't cause as many problems as the last one, which I have decided to skip. Features as basic as junctions being broken at this stage is pretty worrying.

And a much as I'm supporting Auran's efforts, a teensie tiny bit of feedback would be encouraging. ;)

Back