Built-in textures

angelah

A question to all you Trainzers who seem to use later versions of Trainz.

In these later versions, like TC3 and 09 etc, are the textures (Britain) still in the program? I mean the built-in textures I have in 04, those that begin with 1:xxxxx.

I use them quite a lot but if they are not available in later versions then I shall need to replace them all. A big job! So if I can avoid it then so much the better.

Bless you all,

Angela

Hi Angela
I don’t know the answer to your question though I haven’t had any notification of missing textures in any of my routes and all use quite a few built in ones
Bob V

Thanks

Hi Angela
I don’t know the answer to your question though I haven’t had any notification of missing textures in any of my routes and all use quite a few built in ones
Bob V

Hi Bob,
I thought the rest of the world had switched off!
So thanks for replying. I have a kind gent who is in our Google Group looking through at this moment. He said at a quick glance that none were present....
If so it is odd that you have had no questions raised.

Here are the guilty parties :-
dark grass 1:100428, dry brown dirt 1:100424, dry grass tufts 1:612, dry greygrass_a 1:625, dry longgrass_a 1:613, dry longgrass _b 1:614, ddry longgrass stripes 1:624, dry longgrass tufts 1:615, grass_a_b 1:1020, grass_a 1:609, grass_a1 1:621, grass_a3 1:1001, grass_b 1:610, grass_lavender 1:1002, grass stripes 1:611, muddarkovergrown 1:1005, oz grassbrush 1:100241,track 1t no_gravel 1:100395 and mud_overgrown 1:620

Bless you for replying,

Angela

Angela, I can't say for certain due to there not being a search bar to find said textures. That being said, I can take a look for you to see what i can find. Not promising anything but if the list above is what you wanted then i will be more than happy to check.

Happy Railrunning!

Ryan:wave:

Last edited:
Hello Angela,

I am looking in my TC3 built-in assets and have some but not others......:hehe:

Here are the built-in kuids that exist in TC3 as off your list :-

-1:609
-1:610
-1:611
-1:612
-1:613
-1:614
-1:615
-1:616
-1:617

-1:620
-1:621
-1:622
-1:623
-1:624
-1:625

-1:1001
-1:1002
-1:1005
-1:1020

-1:100241

Nothing else is on TC3...

Cheerz. ex. :wave:

Cheers

Angela, I can't say for certain due to there not being a search bar to find said textures. That being said, I can take a look for you to see what i can find. Not promising anything but if the list above is what you wanted then i will be more than happy to check.

Happy Railrunning!

Ryan:wave:

Dear Ryan,
Any help is gratefully accepted, thanks.

Bless you,

Angela

Thanks

Hello Ex,
And many thanks for searching. I will recheck my list.

But having spent nearly a whole day searching through the route and removing many assets I discover after a TO they are all STILL THERE! A whole A4 page full....
It's driving me nuts!!

Have I got to put a stick of dynamite under them?

Bless you for helping,

Angela

Hi Angela
I have used all the above textures apart from dark grass 1:100428 and dry brown dirt 1:100424 in Heartbeat Revisited 2 and as I said previously nobody has volunteered a list of missing items of any form never mind the textures
As a side note I deleted from the route, pre upload, all items that weren’t built in or unavailable from the DLS
Noting ex’s comments I would point out TC3 is basically a stand alone item and very few potential users of your route would have only this version of trainz

Regards Bob V

I didn't think you could delete built-in assets off a layout, 'cos they are embedded into it, aren't they ???
I've tried many times to delete built-in stuff, but as you cannot delete anything it will remain in the map.

Ahhhhhhh, now then, I've just had a thought, someone the other week on another thread on this forum, told us how to delete built-in items on a route, I'll go and have a search for it.....Stay tuned.

ex.

EDIT: I found this thread, it may be of help to you Angela, I haven't personally tried the method.......http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=33557

Last edited:
Hi Angela,

I've just ticked them all off in TS2009. All present and correct.

The Screenshots look excellent (as usual) so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this one.

Thanks for all your hard work

Regards

Paul

I didn't think you could delete built-in assets off a layout

Very easy though time consuming in TRS 04, using Trainz Objectz simply load the map section, select the map, use list all contents used in the map, right click the object you wish to delete and then follow the menu options
I tend to use replace with an unknown kuid and then use delete missing items in surveyor
Bob V

Deleting

I didn't think you could delete built-in assets off a layout, 'cos they are embedded into it, aren't they ???
I've tried many times to delete built-in stuff, but as you cannot delete anything it will remain in the map.

Ahhhhhhh, now then, I've just had a thought, someone the other week on another thread on this forum, told us how to delete built-in items on a route, I'll go and have a search for it.....Stay tuned.

ex.

EDIT: I found this thread, it may be of help to you Angela, I haven't personally tried the method.......http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=33557

I would have thought that if I had added a built-in asset and then wanted to remove it all I had to do was find it and delete, then replace with something else?
It doesn't seem to work though!
And I have hit another problem while looking into this, a bridge, in fact 2, I cannot find. As there are only a few bridges on this route I haven't missed any and the one I found as a built-in I removed and replaced. But another one has appeared. I wonder if this is referring to the track used in the bridge's construction and that means I won't be able to delete it anyway.

Thanks to all you wonderful helpers with advice.

Bless you all,

Angela

Helpful

Hi Angela,

I've just ticked them all off in TS2009. All present and correct.

The Screenshots look excellent (as usual) so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this one.

Thanks for all your hard work

Regards

Paul

Hello Paul,
That's helpful and nice to know, at least that Auran have continued including assets that would need to be backward compatible.

Bless you,

Angela

Meditation

You can see my post above post 11 and ex’s link post 9
Bob V

Hi,
I hadn't looked because it was time for my daily meditation.
What I don't want and what might happen if I delete in TO is a lot of blank spaces. What I had hoped to do was replace on the route.
The link is basically for CMP and 2006 so not a lot of use to me with my old crock of 2004.
It does seem as if all the textures are in 2009 however and as has been said the amount of people that own only TC3 will be limited, so I may just go with what I have.
I is waiting to be tested on another PC but due to various events that hasn't happened yet. I must just be patient, it will happen.
Once I get the okay I shall send it up.
I was just hoping to avoid comments about 04's built-in assets....

Bless you all for helping,

Angela

files

I know it has been said that the gnd file holds the built-in assets but isn't that just a kind of database for what needs to go into the route.
It doesn't actually hold all the assets, does it, I mean the kuids. Whoever downloads a route needs to have those assets on their own PC, isn't that why we go download them if they are missing?
So if I have used the 1942 built-in station platforms, the MS platforms in other words in 04, how will they appear in the route of the person does not have them in the Downloads folder in Trainz?

Sorry if I am seemgly a bit dim, I just need to get my head round this.

Angela

Back