'blw con b2' by steammachine

This is a 10-year-old thread and not likely to produce any results.

I'm always glad to help getting Ben's locomotives on the rails. ;)

As Bob said we need more info. Typically the problems with bdaneal's locos center on missing textures and you can usually find the missing textures in other bdneal locomotives. It takes a little opening and reverting several files using the Content Manager before you find them but it is worth the effort.

Updated and fixed versions of a few of Ben's locos are available on the DLS. One version on the dls of his 2-8-0H uses the built-in <kuid:-25:622> invisible bogey as a replacement for the invisible <kuid:96914:504862> blw con b2 bogey.

A simple edit of the loco's config should fix the problem. Just replace <kuid:96914:504862> with <kuid:-25:622> in the bogey tag and kuid container and that should do it.

However I'd suggest you dl either of the 2 updates of his 2-8-0H that are on the DLS. There are a number of other changes to the loco's config that will bring it up to at least TS12 standards and you can look at what was done with either of these:
<kuid2:69871:3444:1> Loco Baldwin medium 2-8-0H
<kuid:96914:4862> Baldwin medium 2-8-0H

You might want to do a forum search for some posts by Phil Skene (philskene) about updates he made to many of Ben's locos. He provided links to packages containing his updates:
Maybe here

Only problem with Phil's packaged work is that it is not on the DLS and that makes it harder for anyone making sessions who wants an easy path to dl the locos used in them. You might quibble about his choice of cabs, esounds, whistles and especs but at least he made the effort and a great one it was. Most of the grunt work has been done for you now. Just customize them to suit your own tastes with a few easy config edits. If you can use a paint program like or with capabilities similar to gimp they're reskinner's treasure chest of steam locos.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
My Simple Solution to this problem. what is missing is the engine black texture file Step 1 Download the Docksider Invisable bogie Kuid:96914:50981:1 from the DLS, Install it to trainz . Sept 2 I Usually Clone it then open the File blw con b2. copy the engine black texture and texture text files form the Docksider invisable bogie and paste then into the blw con b2. Step 3 commit the blw con b2 file and delete the Docksider Invisable bogie copy.

Back