Does anyone know the name of the horn in this video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gisa

Routelayer Ordinaire...
Hi All,

I came across an awesome sounding horn on youtube today:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=u4xzTyYcsrE

Does anyone know what kind of horn it is and if so, if one like this is on the DLS? Even though I've had trainz for a long time, I can't seem to recall hearing this exact horn in trainz, mind you it could be right under my nose...

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Last edited:
I love that horn, too. I don't know what it is called, but I have heard it before on the NS trains that run past my college.

Speak of the devil, there is one going past right now. (different horn though)

Hello Gisa,

What's the loco a Dash 9 ???

Have a look on the DLS and 3rd party sites to see what horns are issued with these locomotives, it must be somewhere. My knowledge of horns across the pond only stretches as far as Leslies and Nathans I'm afraid. Have you been on the USLW website, they have some cracking hornsounds on there.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

It's a Twain !

My GF lives hundereds of yards from a grade crossing on the CSX Phila-Balt mainline. I have often thought of making a high quality train sound effects recording, as the ambiance there is great, right at the window sill when drinking my morning cup of coffee ! I have heard all kinds, including that one. I know a guy from michigan that makes high quality train sound effects CD's (bigtrainsounds). Wind is his worst enemy ! I have been trying to get him to wrap a piece of foam around, and duct tape a small (dispencable) recorder, to an old speaker magnet, and stick it to a loco up near the dynamics. So far he has only (many) run by recordings (@20 for 60 min).:cool:

Hey Gisa, I don't know what the name of it is, but it is on the DLS, CN ComfortCab Horn, this is the standard horn on most of CN's newer locomotives, I used to hear them all the time on the Canadian National Illinois Central mainline in Tuscola Illinois. If I find a link I'll post it.

Illinois Central

TY guys for the input.

@ Illinois Central: do you know the KUID of the horn you suggested?

@ Danstrainz: do you by chance know if this horn exists in Trainz and where to find it?

Gisa ^^

The K5HL & K5LLA sound nothing alike... Sorry... I will have a K5HL on USLW by Monday morning if you can wait that long.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'd wait a month for that horn if you can make it. :) Take your time...

I will download and try out the K5LLA for now.

A happy gisa...:D

Gisa ^^

The K5HL & K5LLA sound nothing alike...

They are a few bells off from each other. That is the closest thing to having a K5HL. the K5HL is 1L 1 2 3 and 4 bells. the K5LLA is 1L 2 3 4a 5. Close enough. I guess that a horn collector doesn't know anything about horns.

This might be it, Kuid2:74779:999999:1

Hi IC,

Thanks for the kuid. Actually, it's 007007's! I'm betting it's not the same as he said he'll make that actual horn by Monday so I'll wait for it.

Couldn't hurt to have this one either though so I'll try it out just for kicks!

Gisa ^^

Okay Gisa. Its an okay horn, I don't like how once you start blowing it you get that repeat effect though. Glad I was some help and that your getting the horn you wanted, make sure you put it on your best engines!

You mean the crossing sequence? I like that sometimes, especially when running a route. One tap and I get the perfect sequence.

I will definitely put this hornsound for all my CN stuff once that hornsound is made. :D

Gisa ^^

I have to agree with IllinoisCentral on this one. I don't like it very much when I download a locomotive, and the hornsound is set up to do a Long-long-short-long(grade crossing) every time. The reason that I have a problem is that it messes things up when you are trying to do other types of horn signals, such as very long(station).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back