Cannot Download Anything

hostie

This problem started with Trainz 2006, and continues with 2009 World Builder.
I can't download anything.
No matter what I select for download, an error message appears at the bottom:
'Unable to download WHATEVER ITEM IS CALLED. Couldn't obtain a download URL. Item cannot be found on the Download Station.'

The thing is, the items are selected from the Download Station, so how can it say that the items are not found.

I have tried it with and without the firewall being active. No difference.

This is driving me nuts. I even had First Class ticket with 2006, but I couldn't use it at all, as downloads just didn't work.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

What specifically are you needing?

:) Hello Hostie, You must open the Trainz Launcher & fill all needed items in the 4-tab Windows Dialogue Box. This identifies you with your Personnal Profile Page at the Planet Auran Website. Any changes you do here, check your Username & Password before you leave this dialogue box. Any help you need here, post using the exact title of the problem.

Not everything found in our routes are available on the DLS.

Please look at the Config file, the bottom item on the scroll-down when you right click the item...

Post the Route Name, User Name, Item name & kuid & we'll try to help!

Welcome to the Auran Trainz Forum Community & please post anything like your user experience, screenshots, problems, etc.

We have a FAQ page & use Advanced Search to get your 'homework' did....

Thanks for posting this issue, I'm sure you will find your direction!

Last edited:
Hostie,

There were some bad assets up on the DLS that caused that message as well. You may have chosen them for download. Once you've ensured that your FCT and login information is correct, try downloading something that is much older, like a few months ago. It doesn't have to be something big like a route. A small building or buildings would test fine. If they download okay then this problem as something to do with the asset you are trying to download.

John

Back