Operating Challenge

paulkay21

Trainz Veteran
Does anyone know how to make this work please.

8 car multiple unit arrives in station. Splits into two 4 car units. First unit goes forward in service leaving remaining unit in platform without driver (so far so good). Is there anyway of automatically adding a driver so that program can take second unit to a different destination.

All ideas welcomed please.

Happy Christamas to all

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul
This is one of the things i do all the time and is easy to do. First you need a spare driver, i normaly do this by placing some invisible track with a car or pedestrian (driveable) on it this acts as a rest area for the off duty driver. in the driver set up you need to place a driver for it with the drivers commands for the task he will do when he takes over the unit. You will need the post message, wait for message and clear and move to train at trackmark commands on the dls. Place a named trackmark at one or both ends of the station.

Set up your arriving unit and 1) if incoming driver continous in same direction add the command post message after the unit splits (the driver selected is not important). 2) if driver returns in the direction he came from add the change direction command before the split then post message after the split.

In both cases the spare driver needs the command wait for message and clear added to the first place before his tasks and should be set up for the same name and number sent by the arriving unit. You add the move to train at trackmark command selecting the trackmark nearest the driverless unit. thats it. kuid:75377:901378 / 901377 is just a small map that used this method. The built in move to train wont work as the commands will not go with the driver to the new unit.

If the unit rejoins later make sure the spare driver moves back to the rest area before the second unit couples, this can go on as often as you wish.

kuid:131986:210002
kuid2:131986:210006:1
kuid2:57145:81110:1

Last edited:
Thanks Guys.

I tried the move to train command but got no joy so I'll try the Stagecoach method next. It sounds like it should do exectly what I want i.e. 8 coach unit arrives at Cambridge from Kings Cross. Front four coaches go to Kings Lynn. Rear 4 go back to Kings Cross.

When a unit arrives from KL it couples to waiting 4 coaches to go as 8 car to Kings Cross.

Many thanks.

Paul
Hi Stagecoach. It works like a dream Thanks for the help. I've been puzzleing over this for weeks.

Last edited:
Happy New Year to all.

Just wondered whether I can ask Stagecoach for a bit more advice?

I've got the unit seperating perfectly and also rejoining if I leave the spare driver on board.

Sending a message to transfer the sapre driver back to the spare loco causes a fatal error (TRS2006). I am trying to remove the driver before the units couple.

Please could you let me know how you achieve this.

Ta

Paul

Back