Nearest thing to a Class 08 shunter for trs04?

Great!

However, of all the locos and rolling stock I have now downloaded, the 08 (though appearing in the list withing TRS04) does not preview and doesnt place when I tell it to. Perhaps I need another version.

Anyway, seems to be going ok now download wise, though finding were the items are once in the game is time consuming in itself.

Great!

However, of all the locos and rolling stock I have now downloaded, the 08 (though appearing in the list withing TRS04) does not preview and doesnt place when I tell it to. Perhaps I need another version.

Anyway, seems to be going ok now download wise, though finding were the items are once in the game is time consuming in itself.
If the loco is not appearing anywhere in game, then it could possibly be due to either the asset being faulty, or some/all of the dependencies being missing/faulty.

That's what I thought. Just seems strange that it's only the two 08s I tried that seem faulty - the kuid provided earlier did it and also one of the other 'photo-textured' ones. Will try again tonight - thanks again for all the help, sorry for being a bit thick in places, just eager to get going properly!

No wheels!

I just went and downloaded this shunter and its two dependances.... you did get those as well?
The loco shows but has no wheels... so there is plainly something amiss or a dependancy that isn't being mentioned.
I shall put it on a spare board, save it out and the TO the route to see what that produces.

Angela

I was just thinking it could be a dependancy thing. Am I right in thinking I need to choose a loco, download its 'pack, and then download any dependencies' packs too? (No way of grouping them to download all at once?)

Also, is there a way of creating your own section within trains (ie, where all the items you download go), it's hard to know whether they go ito TS04, Third Part UK, Britain etc!? Especially when Packs seem to get split into their different groups.

Last edited:
ftp

I was juthinking it could be a dependancy thing. Can you download a group of dependencies or is it a case of doing so individually?

Also, is there a way of creating your own section within trains (ie, where all the items you download go), it's hard to know whether they go ito TS04, Third Part UK, Britain etc!?

Personally I always use the ftp option to download. It means doing them one at a time but at least I know what's going on and if I get them or not.
The bogey TO says it should have is 2512:50006.
There are other dependancies but some are built-in so you should have those provided you have the correct update to 2004. Built-in assets usually start with 1. Some I think also begin with 10. For instance TO told me there is an invisible bogey 10:149 required.
Engine and horn sounds are built-in assets, 1:42003001 and 42003103 respectively.
You will need the engine spec 2512:51108 as well.

Hope that helps. I am off to find that bogey on the DS now.

Downloading : I put all daily or other downloads into a folder called Auran Dailies and then install from there. Once installed I move them to a second huge drive and into a folder named Auran assets full listing.
When you install an asset it automatically goes where it should so you don't need to make extra folders in Trainz directory.
But doing what I do means you do need a second drive of about 100 gig or so. I have nearly 10 gig of assets!
Why keep them? Because I build routes that go onto the DS there are sometimes problems with people finding the right ones, so if I have them all then I can advise.

Bless you,

Angela

EDIT : I forgot to mention that you will need to click not only the 2004 option for downloading, but also the 3 lower ones as well, right down to Pre SP3 content. (UTC and Trainz I think...)

Last edited:
Brilliant Angela, thanks so much!

I think a problem UI had with the 08 was that I downloaded a reskin without having successfully downloaded a loco. (I just saw the pretty picture and thought that I was getting the loco!

I'll get there!

There are a few other things you could try.
Like Angela you could install Trainz Objectz and run it every time you down-load something, that way you will find out if there are any missing assets.
Check that all boxes in content manager are ticked.
Install Paint-shed. This will help with some items not being displayed.
Make sure you have Service Pack 4 installed.
One other thing you can do is to delete the "world_cache_dispatcher.chump" and let Trainz rebuild it to see if that helps.

Just a few suggestions in-case you have not tried them. As you know we are all here to help in any way we can.

Edit:- You can put everything on to the Download-cart so you dont have to keep coming back if you need more than one item.

Dave.

Last edited:
I'm adding to my cart as we speak.

The hindrance seems to be for items like the BR V2 Green Steam Engine: I'm finding that its pack needs dependencies which are in themselves packs which need even more dependencies (smoke effects, sounds etc)!

Gronk

I'm adding to my cart as we speak.

The hindrance seems to be for items like the BR V2 Green Steam Engine: I'm finding that its pack needs dependencies which are in themselves packs which need even more dependencies (smoke effects, sounds etc)!

The bogey did the trick, and to prove it here it is!

08.jpg

Yes, dependancies.... we all suffer the same fate and often it takes a while to get all of them and for the full asset to show.

As Stationbeem says, install TrainzObjects and run it, although it failed me this time, it didn't show a missing dependancy! However, by choosing Rolling Stock, then the 08 and right-clicking that line I selected Show Dependancies (or whatever the exact wording is!) from that menu and bingo, there they all there. It was the bogey that was the (missing) problem.
TrainzObjects is an extremely useful utility for 2004, along with a few others from that site. Sorry, can't remember the site address right now, but a search will soon produce it.
Trainz needs a great big dollop of patience.... even moreso when using 2006 and CMP I believe. When I change to a newer version I suppose I shall have to suffer CMP, progress they call it, I call it something entirely different!

Anyway, have a good Christmas and now you can look forward to a really splendid New Year with all that downloading you can do.

Bless you,

Angela

When you go onto the DLS, go into text search and type in Class 08, you must have the UTC and Trainz boxes ticked and you'll find at least 13 different liveried BR Class 08 shunters, for use in your TRS2004, which were created by different people, but all certainly worth downloading.....It's a shunters paradise when you get them all up and running....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Last edited:
Back