Download Accelator Plus

Just got DSL do i still need to use Download Acccelator Plus for other downloads?

Thanks

Jim

DAP is okay to hold on to if you're going to download video drivers, or other software from other places. It's not needed for the DLS stuff.

Pleaes becareful with DAP. A few years ago their very nice program became infested with spyware and that ruined it. Hopefully they've cleaned up their act since then.

John

For DSL a downloader is not needed as such, though they are handy if you should lose your connection. I use Orbit, it's a free downloader with no spyware/malware attached. You can find it at www.orbitdownloader.com

s-l-o-w

I had lost connection to our DSN while downloading the 330+mb of new textures - several hours later I was able to pick up where I left off. That was 8pm last night. It's now 8pm (24 hrs later) and I'm up to 260mb. Wow - that's what I get for not doing the math \ being greedy. Fair warning!

:eek:

I had lost connection to our DSN while downloading the 330+mb of new textures - several hours later I was able to pick up where I left off. That was 8pm last night. It's now 8pm (24 hrs later) and I'm up to 260mb. Wow - that's what I get for not doing the math \ being greedy. Fair warning!

:eek:

I learned a long time ago about that. :rolleyes: Now I download in little bits. CMP helps a lot with this. I load up until the list is full, download, and repeat. I never let the list go longer so that the scroll bars appear.

John

Back