TS 2009 and Scenarios

Solba

Just wondering about 3rd party like RBR and if 09 is going to be capable of running them. I have found no way yet to install more than CDPs and there are a lot exe assets and scenarios out there.

Been reading a few other sites and some seem rather down on this version.....I hope they're wrong.

We are still discussing with Auran what we would like to see to help support good story telling Activities from RBR. When a decision is reached RBR will announce what we are doing.

Until then there is no point speculating.

Larry
Director RBR

Thank you, Larry

I appreciate your quick reply but, I'm looking for answers from Auran too. I have found several things I like about TS 09 and some I don't. This lack of ready access to content like yours concerns me.

c'mon Auran....what's YOUR input ? ? ?

Scenarios work in 2009 (there is a patch for the included RBR route at their website). We will be reworking Sessions to include all the "changeable" aspects of routes instead of only some of them.

Also, .exes were superceded in Trainz SP3 which is 7 1/2 years ago.

I hope this info helps.

Scenarios work in 2009 (there is a patch for the included RBR route at their website). We will be reworking Sessions to include all the "changeable" aspects of routes instead of only some of them.

Also, .exes were superceded in Trainz SP3 which is 7 1/2 years ago.

I hope this info helps.

How bout zip files, still see plenty of them. Also RBR still uses the exe's, at least for 2004 and 2006....

Last edited:
.zip files need to be extracted to another location, and then those files imported. In fact, I think CM can 'import' a .zip file if you drag the .zip file from explorer to CM2. But not 100% sure on this.
Zec

Back