How to handle so many missing/unknows assets

diabloNL

I love TS2009 and I have seen so many nice routes to download. However, everything I download has so many missing/unknown assets that it's impossible to run them.

For example the Astorga - Benavente route made by valdecuna. On the screen shots it looks beautiful but I'm missing about 400 assets. Some assets I found but they are also missing assets for themself.

I have the idea that because I'm new to Trainz I have not a nicely gathered database and maybe many assets are not available anymore. I tried many tips on this forum trying to locate missing assets but many I couldn't find.

I'm really stuck here and don't know what I should do. My options/ideas are:

- Wait for the TEE edition and download routes that consist purely out of 2009 assets(which could take a long time).
- Buy Kuju Rail Simulator.
- Wait for MSTS 2.

Any tips or help is greatly appreciated.

Don't be discouraged...

Finding all the missing assets and broken/faulty items is what makes Trainz fun. The sense of accomplishment is very rewarding.
All kidding aside, you may have downloaded a route that had more than the usual number of missing/faulty items. Most do not, and if they do they are usually not noticeable, such as a missing object here and there. Sometimes, there are missing textures which are quite noticeable. Once you master the use of the content manager, these missing/faulty are easily found and corrected. The new CM v2.0 in TS2009 does more checking for these types of things so, you wind up with a route/simulator that will run more smoothly. However, nothing is perfect. Trainz, in my opinion, is the best. Like anything high performance, cars, wives, etc... they can be problematic until you get over the rough spots.;)

Hi diabloNL --

"I'm really stuck here and don't know what I should do. My options/ideas are:

- Wait for the TEE edition and download routes that consist purely out of 2009 assets(which could take a long time).
- Buy Kuju Rail Simulator.
- Wait for MSTS 2."

There as a fourth option - download only routes have all their dependencies on the Download Station. See this thread:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=9437

(EDIT: correct link now given above.)

You will also find that my routes only use Download Station dependencies. Search with "philskene" as the author, or click here:

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php...Criteria=69871

Phil

Last edited:
DiabloNL,
Adding to Phil_C's excellent advice, many, if not most, routes on the DLS contain assets that are builtin to the Trainz versions they were created with and those usually are not on the DLS, hence so many missing dependencies.

Bob

Thanks guys for all the info! I will give it another go with the advices given here.

Phil,

You posted a link to a thread but it's the same link to the download station. Could you please post the link to the thread you tried to show me? I tried the search function but nothing came up. Thanks!

There as a fourth option - download only routes have all their dependencies on the Download Station.
Phil
But then a lot of content that is on the DLS while fine in all other trainz will now not work due to errors that are all of a sudden a problem in TRS2009

Hi diabloNL --

Sorry. I've corrected my thread above. The correct link is:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=9437

bearcat245 --

"But then a lot of content that is on the DLS while fine in all other trainz will now not work due to errors that are all of a sudden a problem in TRS2009."

I've not tested all the DLS content.

But I have imported my routes into TC3 and now into the beta TRS2009. While TRS2009 CM2 does indicate errors in some dependencies, all items do show and seem to work. The only issue I've been able to identify is a switch stand or two that have moved a meter or so, and I'll correct this in the TRS2009 release that I'm working on at the moment.

Phil

Rail Simulator has it's own problems, don't go there!

Nice graphics but not much else.

(try searching the forums here for many other comments)

I't certainly frustrating finding routes won't run, too many creators use items not even on the Trainz site-often I suspect just to prove how clever they are, and then upload stuff that won't run on anyone else's computer. Unfortunately Auran hasn't the resources (or is it patience) to test routes before the allow them on the site.

Back