A Kentish winter

angelah

A new'ish route from me awaiting to go up, but still waiting for some new assets that are stuck in the Waiting Area... so the route is waiting as well!

KES_winter_4.jpg

All wrong, but I was testing some signalling that was refusing to work. Looks good though so I include a few...

KES_winter_5.jpg

Hammering along the 'swampy' bit

KES_winter_6.jpg

Approaching 'A station'....

KES_winter_7.jpg

Fancy meeting you here!

Bless you all for your recent support.

And bless Photobucket for hanging onto my 'snaps' as well.

Angela

Your posts always tempt me to cross the Atlantic and work on an English route. It looks beautiful, and I am glad that you are back.

A few more

KES_winter_8n.jpg

Stuck again!

KES_winter_9n.jpg

That ruddy snow gets everywhere!

KES_winter_10n.jpg

Skiddies boos time....

KES_winter_11n.jpg

Skating fun...

KES_winter_12n.jpg

The army's in charge!

KES_winter_13n.jpg

Digging out the trailer....

Thanks to Photobucket - yet again...

Angela

Angela, this looks fantastic, a true British winter layout, thank you for doing it, we have a severe lack of snowy layouts in the UK on the DLS, how did you guess that this is what we would like.......

I just wanted to ask you what these chaps are sitting on, it isn't the barbed wire fence is it ??? They'll rip their trousers.....:hehe:

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

Angela, this looks fantastic, a true British winter layout, thank you for doing it, we have a severe lack of snowy layouts in the UK on the DLS, how did you guess that this is what we would like.......

I just wanted to ask you what these chaps are sitting on, it isn't the barbed wire fence is it ??? They'll rip their trousers.....:hehe:

Mate, if they are sitting on the fence they're probably dwarves...:hehe:

Great route Angela, BTW. This is one I will look for to D/ling.

Cheers,
Hayden Lynch

Fence!

Hello Ex,
Ha ha, no, they are not sitting on the fence, if they were it might be more than their trousers they would lose! I didn't notice it when I hit the button, but it's just the angle of shot, they are sitting on the ground.

Why an English winter route - you asked me for one, and as you are my favourite ex-railwayman, I did it.

The reason there are so few winter routes is because of the lack of English winter assets. It's a bit of a nightmare trying to find enough on the DS and a certain party has kindly made me some to order to fill the gaps. They will be on the DS eventually.... the last one, a large shed to replace the Scheune (shed) that I used a lot is about to be sent up. The creator has done remarkable well producing content as I went along and all of it will be downloadable
A 'for instance' are the hedge splines, only about 4 or 5 of those so they tend to appear rather a lot all over the place. No English winter tree splines I could use as a backdrop either. Some of the houses/cottages have been wintered but many have not and there are only a few pubs that can be used too. Mind you, one can assume that without insulated lofts the snow would melt off pretty quickly once fires had been lit, but that might not apply so much to shops, and there are none of these at all that I could find to replace the ones used.
And no buffers with snow on either.... and a desperate lack of good snow track as well, I had to use Swiss I think.
So come on, there is a great big niche out there (and in here!) that needs filling. I am not sure how much work is involved in updating an existing asset, but I should think not as much as making one from scratch, it is only the upper surfaces that need a texture change.
Still, all that notwithstanding, I did produce a route. It has not been sent up yet, as I said I am awaiting the last shed to be sent up and the other assets to be cleared from the Waiting Area, bare hop poles is one. So maybe in a week or two....

Bless you ex,

Angela

Thanks

Your posts always tempt me to cross the Atlantic and work on an English route. It looks beautiful, and I am glad that you are back.

Hello and thank you.

Our country isn't as big as the US of A, but it is small, neat and very beautiful in a different kind of way. We have small patchwork fields, not the vast rolling plains you have, and most are fenced off (but not all, like the moors).
I love England, I love Britain as a whole, and I think I am extremely lucky to have been born and live here.
But then every country has its own special attractions and the way it looks and every person is most likely proud of their place of origin, and rightly so.

I try to show England as I knew it when I was younger, about the time steam was going out of use and diesels coming in, rather a magical period when life seemed so much simpler than it is now and people could leave their front doors wide open without fear of intrusion or getting beaten over the head for their money and you could travel on railways of all kinds without being worried about getting attacked, far too much of that crops up now.

What has happened to the world? It has turned into such a sad place....

Bless you,

Angela

Great to have you back Angelah, your warmth may be meltin the snow over here too LOL

Lovely looking scenes, bash on macduff they say.

Yep England is about as big as the state I am in, but I always have tears when flying in to Blighty, a country of my youth, tiny fields, rolling hills and quaint roads.

Hello Ex,
Why an English winter route - you asked me for one, and as you are my favourite ex-railwayman, I did it.

Bless you ex,

Angela

Good Morning Angela,

I sit here on a cold winter's morning reading the forum posts sipping my hot coffee
smile250.gif
and feel a warm glow inside.....I am truly humbled with your sentiments and wish to say thank you for taking up the mantle to produce a big winter route, not just for me, but for ALL trainzers worldwide...I think you deserve a thousand hugs after what you've been through recently, here's something suitable for you.
flowers.gif

Bless you too Angela.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman
bye.gif

All I can say is....

Good Morning Angela,

I sit here on a cold winter's morning reading the forum posts sipping my hot coffee
smile250.gif
and feel a warm glow inside.....I am truly humbled with your sentiments and wish to say thank you for taking up the mantle to produce a big winter route, not just for me, but for ALL trainzers worldwide...I think you deserve a thousand hugs after what you've been through recently, here's something suitable for you.
flowers.gif

Bless you too Angela.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman
bye.gif

All I can say is.... ahhhh.

Thanks a million.

Angela

Hey Angela,

As much as winter gives me headaches, these screenshots are depicting a pretty sweet route, which is making me think twice about the fluffy white stuff!

Keep up the great work!

Steveo241 :wave:

It gone up!

As the top line says, I have just sent the route up so hopefully it may be on the DS soon...

A couple more shots....

KES_winter_1F.jpg

KES_winter_2F.jpg

Bless all my route 'fans'.

Have a happy Christmas.

Angela

And thank you Photobuck for hosting.

Last edited:
Now on the DS

Yep,
Auran have pulled out the stops and the route is now available for downloading.

It does need the HOG texture files, all 9 prefixed, because it was built on a DEM.

If these are missing, and most are outside the scenic areas anyway, they won't effect how the route runs, just how it looks.

Enjoy.

Bless you and all your families this Christmas,

Angela

Thank you for the beautiful route.
I have used an Austrian train.

jofi200812200002rm9.jpg

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Snow on snow on snow

Apart from huge thank you what more can I say than, a great little route, well thought out and constructed, great scenery and I would highly recommend it to any perspective user Bob V

Back