making fuel consuming engines......

Jimmyp4

hello
My routes mainly consist of diesil powered engines, i like the fuel system Phil_C has used on his engines, is there a way to add his scripting to the engines that don't have it? thanks.

Jimmyp4

Phil's refueling script is pretty advanced, would take some to modify this for use in other locomotives I would guess. There was a basic fuel script around here some time ago but I don't think many creators picked up on it.

I did keep a copy of the script on one of my other systems that I use, it had the script file and what was needed to be added to the config.txt file to get everything to work correctly. If my memory is right, you needed to add the script and class lines and the queues table to the config.txt file, include the script file with it.

ok thanks guys. but, what and how would i add the engines fuel consumption ability? i didn't quite understand what AussieNightcrawler said how to do it. I don't mean phils exact script but more like the bility to fill the engines up with fuel and sand and if they run out the engine shuts down.

There is a seperate script file that you have that is used for the locomotive to consume the fuel.

In the config.txt file you need to add the script and class lines to call the script. You also add the queues table to the config.txt to show how much fuel the locomotive can hold (like how much coal a coal wagon can hold for example).

I am not at home right now so I can't go any further, I will find the script and config.txt file when I get home in around 3 hours.

Do a search on this forum for fuel consumption, or refilling...... There was a thread about it, that helped me add it to various rollingstock.

I think a user R.Pearson might be involved with the tutorial, but that is a guess from somewhere in my brain ;)

Good Luck....

regards

PS: here you go. http://pages.prodigy.net/rpearson/_wsn/page4.html

Last edited:
If you have a registered copy of TRS 2006 you will find locos that do what you wish and yes they were made by Phil. You must set the battery correctly and add fuel etc. for the dieselmotor, and also push the starter button. If you run out the motor stops. Sounds like what you are looking for? :)

Cheers

AJ

Ok while I think of it...

In the config.txt file, these lines have to be added:

Code:
script                "DieselFuelLoco"
class                "DieselFuelLoco"
queues {
    load-diesel {
          size            1900
      initial-count      1260
      product-kuid       <kuid:-3:10011>
      allowed-products {
            0    <kuid:-3:10011>
            1    <kuid:86105:60600>
        }
    }
}
Then you have to include the DieselFuelLoco.gs script file for the fuel to be consumed.

If you would like to have a look at it email me... :)

Back