Appalachian Mountain screens

sethmcs

Excellant Subject! I'll Start!

MineralPoint001.jpg

Seems like a fairly good thread to me young man.....Thing is, I 'aint sure how many Appalachian layouts there are available in Trainzland anywhere, the only one that personally springs readily to mind was a Winter created by Grogstop a couple of years ago.

I assume you are doing your route for spring or summer, perhaps ???

Nice starter screenie by sethmcs anyhow......:)

Edit: I have just found an Appalachian route in the goodies section at TPR created 3 years ago by John Keenan set in summer I think it is, anyhow, it's a fab little route if you need to download it for some tips and guidance on texturing and trees etc, etc, and John's layouts have always been excellently built over the years.....

Cheerz. ex. :wave:

Last edited:
Why would anyone ask that a thread be closed when it has a clear subject and purpose that set it apart from the Generic USA thread? Not I.
sethmcs has it nailed, from what I can see, and the Clinchfield route by John Keenan, I believe the Loops by George Fisher, and even Dermmy's Kentucky routes are all good examples.

Coalstage1.jpg

Coalstage2.jpg

Coalstage3.jpg

and even Dermmy's Kentucky routes are all good examples.

Thanks Ed - The East Kentucky routes were my first routes in Trainz. The landforms are right, imho the colours are good, but the routes were built on the same model computer as Noah used to monitor the animal feed and to get the route to run I had to leave out the trees, so as a realistic example of the genre for an aspiring route builder it ain't ideal!

That said though, the best of the screenies are here.

Andy ;)

PS - before anybody asks, EK3 (which will have trees, millions of them) is at least two years away on the current plan. The current plan changes daily....

The landforms are right, imho the colours are good, but the routes were built on the same model computer as Noah used to monitor the animal feed and to get the route to run I had to leave out the trees, so as a realistic example of the genre for an aspiring route builder it ain't ideal!

I disagree. The very fact that there are not millions of trees makes your work more valuble to JB, as you had to use ground forms and textures artistically to achieve a believable route.

"This used to be real estate
Now it's only fields and trees
Where, where is the town
Now, it's nothing but flowers":hehe:

Wow, great shots everyone. I had actually forgotten about this thread. I will have to post some pics once I get my new computer.

Back