stations made with splines

beavi501

Hi I am having a go at creating a simple route but would like to create my own stations. This can be achieved using platform splines and other objects. However what i would like to know is if it is then possible to assign propertys to custom station ie. have them with passenger capabilities?

The passenger activity is in the track not the platform. It appears they are on the platform but all the scripting to control them is in the station track script.

so what is involved in setting a track script? Is it complicated?
I'm not a programmer but I'll lay odds that it is very involved. I think you would be reinventing the wheel. There are quite a few invisible stations, I use one called "invisible station 50m" because it is small and all the passengers are crowded into a small space, which suits my two-car trains and local stations with short platforms.
Mick Berg.

It proberly would be very involved. i was wondering because if you want to create a curved platform then you need to use splines but then have no passenger capabilities

As I said, use the AJS stations, the track section is just a couple of meters and the shape can be adjusted to whatever you need plus the height and passenger count can also be adjusted in the usual station properties way.
No scripting or technicalities to worry about.
There are many AJS items to choose from for making stations, do a search.:wave:

As I said, use the AJS stations, the track section is just a couple of meters and the shape can be adjusted to whatever you need plus the height and passenger count can also be adjusted in the usual station properties way.
No scripting or technicalities to worry about.
There are many AJS items to choose from for making stations, do a search.:wave:
I will try an AJS station on a new station I am making with curved platforms.
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

I tried using an AJS invisible station which indeed did let me use curved tracks and platforms, but my passengers would not load. I replaced the passenger set to match the one in my vehicles, but still no luck. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Somewhere, there are passenger enabled curved tracks, but don't ask me where. I believe I got them from a European site. I used them once or twice, but then deleted them from my, then, overloaded Downloads folder.

If I come across them again, I'll let you know.

Dave

I tried using an AJS invisible station which indeed did let me use curved tracks and platforms, but my passengers would not load. I replaced the passenger set to match the one in my vehicles, but still no luck. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mick Berg.
Check the configuration of the passenger cars. Some of them use Lars scripting, and they may not be pre-set to take passengers. In surveyer, use the ? button to check the properties on a passenger car and see if it is designated to take passengers, and if so whether the number is zero. I've had several cars like that.
For curved stations, do a blank title search for buildings/structures, then in the lower window,select the class Passenger Station Functioning to see all the working stations. Search for"curved" both as a title and a description, but some of them you'll have to find by going through all the active stations. There are only 302, so it's not too big a job. There have been daily DLS updates larger than that.

:cool: Claude

Somewhere, there are passenger enabled curved tracks, but don't ask me where. I believe I got them from a European site. I used them once or twice, but then deleted them from my, then, overloaded Downloads folder.

If I come across them again, I'll let you know.

Dave
Those would be very handy. I hope you can remember where you got them from.
Check the configuration of the passenger cars. Some of them use Lars scripting, and they may not be pre-set to take passengers. In surveyer, use the ? button to check the properties on a passenger car and see if it is designated to take passengers, and if so whether the number is zero. I've had several cars like that.

The coaches I am using (IOW Composite Coach) work fine with other invisible stations. But are you saying that only certain coaches will work with the AJS stations?

For curved stations, do a blank title search for buildings/structures, then in the lower window,select the class Passenger Station Functioning to see all the working stations. Search for"curved" both as a title and a description, but some of them you'll have to find by going through all the active stations. There are only 302, so it's not too big a job. There have been daily DLS updates larger than that

Premade curved stations wouldn't work for me, they have to be invisible. I have made all my stations using photos.

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Last edited:
This is a repeat posting as my previous post got dated as January 1st, 1970 01:00 AM
What the heck's going on?

Here you are Mick

Passenger Enabled - Track Only

Radius from 200/250/300 with platform heights of 40/60/80cm

KUIDs 147360:28141 to 147360:28178

by Papinek http://trainz.idisk.cz/

NOTE - They may have been put on the DLS, so check that out first.

Radius 200m

Zast r200 105m II 40/60/80cm
Zast r200 105m L I 40/60/80cm
Zast r200 105m R I 40/60/80cm
Zast r200 52m II 40/60/80cm
Zast r200 52m L I 40/60/80cm
Zast r200 52m R I 40/60/80cm

Radius 250m

Zast r250 109m II 40/60/80cm
Zast r250 109m L I 40/60/80cm
Zast r250 109m R I 40/60/80cm
Zast r250 50m II 40/60/80cm