What is CMP

ashton145

Ok,so there is no fool like an old fool,that would just about describe me.I have been trying to work out what does CMP stand for and where can it be found.I am running Trainz 2004,and,for the life of me I can't work it out,the nearest I can come to is Content Manager,(that takes care of the CM)but the P has me stumped.Any help would be appreciated and a small explanation on what it does also.thanks in advance:eek:

CMP = Content Manger Plus

The DLS (download station) was what i used with TRS2004, theres a link at the top of this page to the DLS.

CMP came with TRS2006, im not sure if it will work with TRS2004, but just to warn you its a pain.

I have not had any serious problems with CMP, apart from the bug in the 2006 version that seems to forget you, so you need to re-enter your user name and password in your Planet Auran profile (even though they're there) to unjam CMP from time to time as it is apt to freeze.

While many did report problems, but for some it appears to have been fine!

The version in Classics shows some improvement over 2006.

But you can continue to use the download station, CMP just provides features similar to TrainzObjectz (which was perhaps superior in some ways, but has not been re-written for 2006 and on).

Ok thank-you for that explanation,at least I had the Content manager part right,and thanks for the speedy reply.

TRS2004 holds each user-created and downloaded asset in a separate kuid folder, a system which is simple, obvious, fast and reliable. TRS2006 and later hold them all of them in a database system, which makes for a very different way of managing them, hence the need for the dreaded CMP. The excellent and highly recommended Trainz Objectz asset manager program works with TRS2004 but unfortunately not with TRS2006 and later.

John

Back