Beta Problems in TRS2009

TickyTacky

Firstly, I would like to point out that there is many unfinished maps in the beta.Secondly,on certain maps,like Dresden, has hills of dirt on the railway tracks and is a bit of an eyesore,but the trains can go through them. Thirdly, I would like to see larger maps,but mostly would like to see a map of QLD(AURAN'S HQ IS IN BRISBANE).More variety of trains(e.g Suburban Multiple Unit (220 Series) (Citytrain), like the Suburban and in the first Trainz, where you can drive around without needing to a certain objectives, and more variety of of scenery. lastly, I would like to see a very large change in graphics(make the graphics I bit more better, more realistic)

Well what do you know! Auran has managed to turn TS2009 into a complete mess before it even comes out. They should rename the forums "The home of problems for Auran games".

Well what do you know! Auran has managed to turn TS2009 into a complete mess before it even comes out..

Hello

The whole purpose of beta testing is finding bugs and reporting back so it will be fixed, TS2009 is a major improvement from the previous versions and this is not the final product.

Regards

Ahsan:)

Firstly, I would like to point out that there is many unfinished maps in the beta.Secondly,on certain maps,like Dresden, has hills of dirt on the railway tracks and is a bit of an eyesore,but the trains can go through them. Thirdly, I would like to see larger maps,but mostly would like to see a map of QLD(AURAN'S HQ IS IN BRISBANE).More variety of trains(e.g Suburban Multiple Unit (220 Series) (Citytrain), like the Suburban and in the first Trainz, where you can drive around without needing to a certain objectives, and more variety of of scenery. lastly, I would like to see a very large change in graphics(make the graphics I bit more better, more realistic)

It is a beta, there is a section for reporting bugs in the beta to Auran.

The references to content are quite different, this is what Blender etc are for so that you can create what you would like to see. Most Trainz content is provided by the community. It is of variable quality but does have a wide range.

Technically the graphics in the software are capable of providing what you are asking for it just takes time for the community content creators to make use of the new features. Some payware may well be created to a higher graphics standard first.

Cheerio John

You say TRS2006 still has bugs, so why wernt they solved in TRS2006 Beta?
Whats to stop it happening in TS2009?
Get involved in the TS2009 Beta and you'll find out reporting a bug and getting it fixed are two completely different things.

Paul

not all bugs get solved. there will always be bugs. nothings perfect. unless you want to drop 1 million for the trs2009 game with military software to make it bug free. most of the bugs for the trs2006 im sure were solved i never tried the beta and i was not on this forum when it or trs2004 came out. i got trs2006 from amazon.com so i don't know what bugs were with the beta.most of the bugs are script errors one route can't be completed and one route when the train enters the portal i get non fatal script error.

charging us rip off prices for a game with bugs is not on and no doubt TS2009 will just be TRS2006 with a few better objects, locos and graphics with a huge price tag. Yer, has anyone noticed no one ever metions the price tag of TS2009? and why have it has two games split in half? so you can charge us double price no doubt.

Last edited:
huge price tag
About £20.

About the cost of two ticket for "Quantum of Solace" - which I understand also has some "bugs" in it. (so you can have about 2 hours at the pictures or hundreds of hours with Trainz - your choice)

why have it has two games split in half
One's for those who want to make routes, the later one for those who want to have some 2009 content.
You can run Routes and sessions on either - youi don't need to buy both.

All of this is on the website - and on the Forum - so it's not top-secret.

Colin

charging us rip off prices for a game with bugs is not on and no doubt TS2009 will just be TRS2006 with a few better objects, locos and graphics with a huge price tag. Yer, has anyone noticed no one ever metions the price tag of TS2009? and why have it has two games split in half? so you can charge us double price no doubt.
Don't buy it then, it will be better for your blood pressure and will mean a lot less static here.

Paul

Hi All,
Do you get the feeling that this Forum has only one disruptive person going under several names.
Either that or we're suddenly being infiltrated by other railway simulators who haven't got the slightest clue of how this Forum, Auran or Trainz work.
To the people I'm talking about. Stop being selfish, childish brats, who only want to offend.

Cheers
Pete.

About £20.

About the cost of two ticket for "Quantum of Solace" - which I understand also has some "bugs" in it. (so you can have about 2 hours at the pictures or hundreds of hours with Trainz - your choice)

One's for those who want to make routes, the later one for those who want to have some 2009 content.
You can run Routes and sessions on either - youi don't need to buy both.

All of this is on the website - and on the Forum - so it's not top-secret.

Colin

£40 if you buy both TEE and WBE, £10 more than TRS2006.

I have seen "Quantum of Solace", quite good. Anyway, when I first heard TS2009 will be coming out I was excited and i scanned the forums for ages trying to learn every bit of infomation I could. After a while I relised it was just a slightly improved version of TRS2006.

Last edited:
I always find it hilarious to read that somebody else decides what the other guy experiences as a lot of money. Only $ 30,00 means nothing to one person but somebody else possibly has to feed his entire family from it. This is not only a problem of the Trainz community but I have seen it at other communities as well. Perhaps people should just accept it when one person says he or she considers $ 30,00 a lot of money.

...snip... and i scanned the forums for ages trying to learn every bit of infomation I could. After a while I relised it was just a slightly improved version of TRS2006.

You most likely need to scan a bit more ?

And a couple of totally different thoughts -
Although I believe Auran's decision to release the Beta was a good idea , it appears several members have downloaded it without any knowledge of what a beta is . Auran should have posted the info in RED , with 2 inch bold letters , that it is simply a test release , and any problems/errors should be posted at the Testing site , not on the Forum .

I can see a new video driver needed for my computer soon(tm), and I am looking forward to the TS2009 release date and to the creators building TS2009 content .

I have a feeling TSX will not be pre-released as a BETA ;) !

My thoughts --- ,DLR

I always find it hilarious to read that somebody else decides what the other guy experiences as a lot of money. Only $ 30,00 means nothing to one person but somebody else possibly has to feed his entire family from it. This is not only a problem of the Trainz community but I have seen it at other communities as well. Perhaps people should just accept it when one person says he or she considers $ 30,00 a lot of money.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I may well be 13 but i don't mind spending £30.00 on a game that could provide hour after hour of play, but spending £30.00 on a game with bugs is too much.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I may well be 13 but i don't mind spending £30.00 on a game that could provide hour after hour of play, but spending £30.00 on a game with bugs is too much.

So you reckon that there are no bugs in other released games then. You really need to learn some computer skills if you believe that is so.

So you reckon that there are no bugs in other released games then. You really need to learn some computer skills if you believe that is so.

Ok, maybe I am saying and assuming things that are untrue. I am venting a days work at a public school.

I am still considering buying TS2009 you know.

I joined this forum to make friends, not enemies, to talk to people who want to drive the latest state of the art trains and build mile after mile of tracks and objects and stations. Also to get help when things don't go right in TRS2006.

Last edited:
Back