Anyone Noticed This Trend ?

Trainz Legend
Picture speaks for itself...
cmpgarbageaf0.jpg

And id put money on it that most are the same problem...

There are two possibilities:
1. CMP is indeed a faulty program (I've worked with it for 2 years now with almost no problems)

2. PEBKAC (there is a reason tech support exists)

Been un-employed for almost 3 weeks now and have spent quite a bit of it working through errors. I have had no problems. I'm embarrased by my low-end computer so I won't even devulge the information. On top of that, I no longer have the FCT. I think the key word here might be patience. Another that comes to mind is "If at first you don't succeed, try,try again".
Ralph

Admittedly CMP for Trainz 2006 had some faults. It had trouble multi-tasking so for example if you moved the window whilst it was doing something else it could lock up. So patient people have few problems with it.

That said, CM V2.0 which comes with Trainz 2009 has had a huge amount of effort put into it to make it more robust and easier to use. THer's still albit of a learning curve, but it's a huge improvement.

We're also addressing the log-in issues which in many cases is where users have entered wrong information but CMP doesn't report the correct error.

Good things comes to those that wait...

Tony

Admittedly CMP for Trainz 2006 had some faults. It had trouble multi-tasking so for example if you moved the window whilst it was doing something else it could lock up. So patient people have few problems with it.

That said, CM V2.0 which comes with Trainz 2009 has had a huge amount of effort put into it to make it more robust and easier to use. THer's still albit of a learning curve, but it's a huge improvement.

We're also addressing the log-in issues which in many cases is where users have entered wrong information but CMP doesn't report the correct error.

Good things comes to those that wait...

Tony

Keyword:- Patients

Pete

It seems that practically all the news out of Auran is good. Who would have imagined this 10 months ago?

Thanks Mr. Hilliam, and I'm sure we are all looking forward to auditioning your new product. I'd love to beta '09 but my hard drive is already stuffed to the gills.

Bernie

Keyword:- Patients

Pete

Hi Scorpio48,

You mean "patience". The other patients are those people that are in hospital getting better. :)

In some cases we end up as patients at a mental institution because of the difficulties with CMP. :D

John

Hi Scorpio48,

You mean "patience". The other patients are those people that are in hospital getting better. :)

In some cases we end up as patients at a mental institution because of the difficulties with CMP. :D

John

Thanks John,

Correction noted: In my defense I can always blame my Spell Check :hehe: .

Now! Talking about Mental Institutions. 'Where do you think I'm writing from' :udrool: :udrool:
:hehe:

CMP 'Critical Mental Problems'

Cheers
Pete

For me CMP for 06 more often than not would lock up and cause everything else to run slowly. But when it worked it worked great. That was the main reason I continued building for 04. I've been playing around with with CMP in the TS2009 BETA and I haven't encountered any problems yet. A step in the correct direction. Like Tony said "Good things comes to those that wait..."

Bill

...it's me...

:cool: Other than the sensitivity of "disturbing" CMP whilst it's working causing it to freeze & pre-Vista "legacy" issues, I find most of my problems were related to my need for study of CMP instructions.

Would it have been better if no method of handling content were ever offered? I think not...once I learned how to configure CMP & Windows Vista Prem, it all worked out.

On the note of CMP response times, I've tested this many times on my old computer (5yrs old) and my new one (4 months old).

Old computer:
AMD Athlon XP 2900+ 512kb L2 cache 2.08ghz
ABIT KV7-V
ATI All-in-Wonder X800 XT 256MB GDDR3 (same performance as a regular X800)
Creative Audigy 2NX USB
2GB Kingston Hyper X DDR400 PC-3200 (2x1GB)
IDE133 Western Digital 2x40GB 1x200GB (3x 7200rpm)
Windows XP Professional 32-bit

New computer:
AMD Athlon X2 6400+ 2MB L2 cache (2x1MB) 3.2ghz
DFI 790FX-M2RS
ATI HD4870 512MB GDDR5
Creative X-Fi Championship edition
4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR21066 PC-8500 (4x1GB)
SATA II Western Digital 500GB (2x RAID 1)
Windows Vista Business 64-bit

On my old computer I never once had a CMP lock up, it would just slow to a crawl (and use 100% of the CPU). On the new computer however CMP will use up 100% of core 1 and core 2 will jump to around 30% use. However, CMP is still smooth as glass. I was able to multi-task on both computers but obviously it was significantly slower on the old one.

SNIPPED
On my old computer I never once had a CMP lock up, it would just slow to a crawl (and use 100% of the CPU). .

Hi GP,
If your computer slows to a crawl during multi-downloads, try this. It always works.
In the middle of a download hit the 'Stop' button. Wait for a couple of seconds and hit the 'Start' button.
It will pick up where it left off, but at a much higher speed.
Can't explain how it works, but it does.
Cheers
Pete.

hmmm never had that issue on either computer.

On the old computer CMP at random would simply crawl to a standstill. Wait a bit and it would come back (Windows would report it as not responding, but you should know better than to trust Windows right? :p)

Back