A question about a particular feature of future trainz

Mimes

Hello there,

Trainz as of Trainz 2004 supported stem locos very well. Steam locos use water, coal, need re-fuel etc. Is there anyone who would be able to let me know if &/or when will any of the new releases of Trainz support:
  1. realistic electric locos (i.e. no power, loco cant go, ho headlights, no sound, perhaps tied to industry being operational (powerstation)
  2. realistic diesel train operations (i.e. no diesel, no go, needs to refuel etc. [as per Phil C. add-ons])
Here my intention is not to have a debate if it is realistic / feasible / needed / required to have such features. There are some locos by Phill C. supporting diesel operations beutifully, and I have a prototype rule supporting electric locos operations in TRS 2004-2006 quite well. This is just a question if such features are planned as native "out of the box" features.

Thank you very kindly for your help.

Regards, Mimes

Hello there,

Trainz as of Trainz 2004 supported stem locos very well. Steam locos use water, coal, need re-fuel etc. Is there anyone who would be able to let me know if &/or when will any of the new releases of Trainz support:
  1. realistic electric locos (i.e. no power, loco cant go, ho headlights, no sound, perhaps tied to industry being operational (powerstation)
  2. realistic diesel train operations (i.e. no diesel, no go, needs to refuel etc. [as per Phil C. add-ons])
Here my intention is not to have a debate if it is realistic / feasible / needed / required to have such features. There are some locos by Phill C. supporting diesel operations beutifully, and I have a prototype rule supporting electric locos operations in TRS 2004-2006 quite well. This is just a question if such features are planned as native "out of the box" features.

Thank you very kindly for your help.

Regards, Mimes

Since TRS2004 and TRS2006 game engine support these features for some locos then the answer is yes.

The second question is whether content creators creations are set up to take advantage of the features of the game and that is quite a different question.

Cheerio John

Since TRS2004 and TRS2006 game engine support these features for some locos then the answer is yes.

The second question is whether content creators creations are set up to take advantage of the features of the game and that is quite a different question.

Cheerio John

Hello John,

Thank you for reading and responding. Perhaps I have not explained myself very clearly. The fact is Trainz has now have a full support for steam locos "out of the box" built into the game engine. The question is will (and if yes, when) any of the future Trainz have a built in native support for diesel / electric locos in the same way as for steam locos? Solutions for diesel and steam are linked either to custom made locos or are using to many workarounds to simulate (to a varying degree of success) electric loco operations.

Regards, Mimes

As John has said, these features are already built in to the game. They just have to be added to the locos.

Oh, my apologies. :hehe: I misunderstood Johns response, thank you for clarifying. Is it Trainz Classic 3 supporting diesel / electric loco operations? I struggled to find any such support all the way up to Trainz Classic 1&2. I do not have Trainz Classic 3 yet, I find myself trainzing mainly on 2004/6.

Regards, Mimes

Hello,
Actually, my above statement is a little incorrect, as there is no support for power for electric locos. You don't even need a cantenary(sp)! So i apologise for that.

TC3 has all the support that TRS2006 has, and more, including support for diesel/electric operations. Again, it is up to the content creators to put that into the locos.

Hello,
Actually, my above statement is a little incorrect, as there is no support for power for electric locos. You don't even need a cantenary(sp)! So i apologise for that.

TC3 has all the support that TRS2006 has, and more, including support for diesel/electric operations. Again, it is up to the content creators to put that into the locos.

Thank you for your response, it is an excellent news. I will be getting TC3 soon. :)

Regards, Mimes

Hello there,

Just got my TC3, will test diesel and electric loco operations tonight...

:)

Regards, Mimes

Tested my new TC3. I have failed to find either diesel or electric loco support. My script for electric loco operations works OK, it did not in TC1&2. I could not fix it because API is not available for TC. It makes it hard to program without a proper API. So really if there is such support in TC, one cannot use it because no locos are enabled to use this feature. It is like having a Ferrari locked up in a garage, but no key so one cannot drive it, or even look at it.

:(

Regards, Mimes

Back