Screenshots of European Trains

... HGK 271 034 with barrels

Screen_066.jpg

Screen_067.jpg

Screen_069.jpg

Hello from France, thank you all for sharing your pictures, and special thanks to Erik (Ekankal) I was near to reskin these shimms , and he spared my work... Great Job as usual...

Fret train over Anthéor Viaduc , south of France...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Friendly, Marc

Sympa Marc!
Hello from France, thank you all for sharing your pictures, and special thanks to Erik (Ekankal) I was near to reskin these shimms , and he spared my work... Great Job as usual...

Fret train over Anthéor Viaduc , south of France...

/Image/

Friendly, Marc

zieba111, I am liking that route more every time I see it. From your other posts it is still a work in progress? Also a trivial question, could I get the KUID and location of the double-rut dirt road?
(Edited after seeing your other posts)

Operations continue on the BKT Lignite mine. Karl is loading his train with spoil that is being shaved off on the "new" side of the mine. His partner has already filled his train and is working a load of spoil around to the "old" side, where it will be used to fill in the mine pit where the brown coal has already been harvested. Just over the lip of the mine, the huge machines are seen that are scraping the brown coal out of the soil and filling coal trains.

OeQsUuRl_o.jpg

On the opposite side, Franz is unloading the spoil into a trench, which will then be scooped up and deposited down into the old mine area to fill it in. The unloading is almost complete, at which time Franz will repeat the operation again, heading back for yet another load of spoil and topsoil, while Karl arrives to add more work for the machine. The electric train engine pantograph systems are quite complex, and Franz has his side pantographs in operation, where they contact a low line of temporary catenary. This catenary and rails for the train and machine will be moved inwards as the mine is filled. Note the shadow of the engines in the sandy pit.

ROQI30Ep_o.jpg

High in his control booth, Dieter oversees the scooping of spoil from the trench. He knows both Karl and Franz, having seen them over and over again in a shift. Franz gives him a wave when the train is unloaded, and Dieter waves back. Dieter can't help think what a boring job Franz and Karl have. After all, they are cooped up in those little steel boxes, hot in the summer and cold in the winter. They just go back and forth, loading, and then unloading, in a constant and repetitive series of actions.

Dieter is quite comfortable in his booth, with air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter. He is getting paid good money to oversee this part of the operation, and he wouldn't trade places with Karl and Franz.

On the other hand, Franz is smiling to himself and thinking what a terrible job Dieter has. Dieter is stuck in that little control booth, never going anywhere, trapped by the loads of spill that he and his partner are constantly delivering. It would drive Franz crazy. When does Dieter even get to go to the bathroom? Maybe, during the short breaks between train deliveries, thinks Franz. Franz tells his partner that they've got the better job, driving their engine, as he throttles up to head back to the loader.

LANTcboA_o.jpg

Franz clears the giant machine, and then starts to head back for more spill. He can see the buckets scooping into the spill that he's just deposited, and at the same time, the spill is being shoved through the machine and down the slope of the mine. Quickly now, he thinks, I don't want Karl to have to wait on me too long. There is a single track running around the end of the mine, so he and Karl have to interact in a constant ballet of moving trains, once they leave the yard tracks by the fill loader. There is little time to waste, especially since he is limited to his speed on what is essentially temporary trackage. He gives Dieter a friendly blast from his engine as he passes.

Life on the mine railroad.

9HNyrErb_o.jpg

Back