Screenshots of European Trains

Heavy train.
e006.gif
You made my day.
d055.gif

It might seem peculiar, but it's preety serious. The year on my map is 1976 and here the PKP "suzler" slowly approaches the PL/CS border sign on it's way back to Poland. Several moments earlier she brought an international freight train to the Polish / Czechoslovak border station of Meziměstí. All cross-border freight trains at that time carried an additional passenger coach exclusively for the customs officers. Since the whole section from Wałbrzych / Mieroszów to Meziměstí was under PKP operation, the passenger coach was also brought out of the PKP fleet. Usually it was a small 2 or 3 axle coach, but sometimes a regular 4 axle pullman could be seen. You can witness such operations on some historic photos, like these for example:

http://www.vrchlabsko.info/zeleznice/pl094.jpg
http://www.vrchlabsko.info/zeleznice/pl011.jpg

The first one shows a Ty2-391 steamer leaving Meziměstí with a freight train towards Wałbrzych / Mieroszów with a 1st class 3A or 4A type coach for the customs officers just behind the loco. On the second one we have a similar situation, but the leading engine would be Ty2-1355. Both pictures were taken in 1984.

Speaking of Ty2's, here's another one at speed on her last few kilometers before reaching the station of Meziměstí, August 1976...
4.jpg

Last edited:
It might seem peculiar, but it's pretty serious ...

A very good explanation. It sounds very plausible. I have to admit,
I could not imagine, that it was real. But now I understand.

Btw.:
I love your creations, Buildings, Bridges, rolling stuff and the maps.

Pm372_20171105_0005.jpg

Pm372_20171105_0020.jpg

Really thanks for maestro Kilanziom in completing cars and sharing his knowledge :)

Last edited:
Love those Nohabs Erik, oh and that lad at the catwalk too :p not to mention the deer.

Meanwhile on my Sudety map we have some shunting at Teplice n. Metuji station, August 1984,

h.jpg

Original Siemens Vectron by Smejki
Repaint and 3D-Extension by cj187
Photo for texture by matthiasgose

I've removed the roof and electric parts via alpha-textures and rebuild a brand new Roof with many details like Airfan and fuel tank.

and now, we'll get a diesel vectron soon...

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
kilanziom: Thanks, and as always, great pics and nice stuff from you :).

CJ187: Nice work there with the Vectron diesel loco :).

// Erik from Sweden

Back