Screenshots of European Trains

The ETR 401, the first "Pendolino" and the grandfather of all the Pendolino tilting trains, British, Czech, Finnish, Italian, Swiss... in Trainz, at least :)

Pendolino_ETR_401_zps237c6d67.jpg

Line-up time for some dutch steam engines!

770021003700_zps0ff7039b.jpg

NS 7742 (in service at Museumstoomtram Hoorn-Medemblik, I am her fireman sometimes), NS 2104 (static display at Dutch Railway Museum) and NS 3737 (static display at Dutch Railway Museum, used to be in service).

Groeten,
Rutger

Line-up time for some dutch steam engines!

770021003700_zps0ff7039b.jpg

NS 7742 (in service at Museumstoomtram Hoorn-Medemblik, I am her fireman sometimes), NS 2104 (static display at Dutch Railway Museum) and NS 3737 (static display at Dutch Railway Museum, used to be in service).

Groeten,
Rutger
Quite amazing engines say why weren'T so many of them preserved?

Last edited:
Quite amazing engines say why weren'T so many of them preserved?

Well, when we we stopped driving with steam engines, there wasn't thought about preserving steam. The dutch only wanted new diesel or electric stuff. Just 3 big mainline engines survived (2 you see here in screen), a 10 wheeled WD. 2 J94's, NS 7742, SS 657 and some older steam engines from the early years. In England at the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway you can find the the only 8 wheeled WD that has survived, via Sweden. That one has never driven at BR, but is a dutch engine, the NS 4464. Which was sold to Sweden for strategic reserves. Other preserved engines at my museum (Museumstoomtram) are dutch tramengines, from everywhere in the Netherlands. At other railway's you can find shunters (from the mines for example) and German locos.

Greetings,
Rutger

hello people i was wondering if any one could help me on identifying this trian its the only image i could get of it and is it on the dls?

any help would be great :)

Back