Screenshots of European Trains

aBlPIhS.jpg

Well, there is a problem with your pictures,

The problem is your catenary looks nothing like the real thing.
The reason why is because the original creator, painted the wires black.
Well, firstly, there is nothing in nature that is black, same goes for white. Everything is something inbetween.

And catenary wires are made of copper. Meaning new ones are shiny brownish metallic and older ones are greyish green.

Yeah. I'm a know it all, and thats the way I like it

Check out the pictures above your post and you'll see my point

There are 2 versions of the catenary wires - black and rust covered (green), I bet you can't say which is which while looking against sun. So your conclusions are unfair and the screenshots are very realistic.

Daniel53e - for me this is not problem. Why? Because in Poland 80% of centary is black, gray, seldom green. Ok, author of this centary did 2 version - black and green. In my map is black, because in my country pantographs is lubricate or graphite (lead). Where in this situation is green centary - I don't know, I heve not seen. In my opinion centary is probably black, grey, never green ;)

Conclusion - If you do not like it, when you use my map, in options exchange black centary for green centary ;)

Regio train on Jiu defile

BuEPmZc.jpg

cgjpoKY.jpg

04vUBpS.jpg

eE2gto0.jpg

Ff6W1GC.jpg

*the route is still WIP so some details are missing and will be added later.

Last edited:
Well, there is a problem with your pictures,

The problem is your catenary looks nothing like the real thing.
The reason why is because the original creator, painted the wires black.
Well, firstly, there is nothing in nature that is black, same goes for white. Everything is something inbetween.

And catenary wires are made of copper. Meaning new ones are shiny brownish metallic and older ones are greyish green.

Yeah. I'm a know it all, and thats the way I like it

Check out the pictures above your post and you'll see my point

Well, there is much more a problem with your attitude...

Trainz is acting through impressions. I don't give a penny for the color of the catenary wire. Much more important is the overall impression and Kacperkgl mirrors the overall railway athmosphere damn good, so that I wish if i could do that on such a high level.

Sura

Well I love the Polish catenary in those pictures. Nothing wrong with them.

Can anyone tell where I can find them to download?

Thank you very much.

Remco.

Hi Peter,

You misunderstood the joke of Vendel :hehe:

I would appreciate if you say the color of this catenary...
20050604_rudabanya011.jpg

Catenary wires are not the main components of a track and they are so much in contrast with their neighborhood, that it is not easy to say which color they are. New wires are made of copper, they stay for a month gold, but then they turn to green if you see them in a roll on the ground. As soon as they are mounted it is very difficult to say a color.

But does the color of the wire matter at all??? Trainz is a model train simulator and not a model catenary simulator.

Back