Rattlesnake Valley: A Rebuild of Two Classics

30in Line

Well, here's what I've been working on.

blue_sky_railway_yard_1.jpg

This shot shows the general layout of the Blue Sky Narrow Gauge Line. The Carriage shed stores the coaches and locomotive and the steam loading facility and station are behind the hotel. If you were to follow the tracks to the upper right, you would arrive at a crossover used for running around the train.

blue_sky_railway_yard_2.jpg

Here's another shot of the service facility.

crossing_the_mainline.jpg

David's new mallet is perfect due to its diesel engine spec and beauty. Here, the NG line crosses the double track SG line. The field had to be adjusted to fit the tracks.

starting_the_assault.jpg

This is the final bit of level track before the trestles begin. A crossing will hopefully be added at this dirt road. Nothing fancy, just a bell.

the_roller_coaster.jpg

The only remaining part of the previous "Roller Coaster" Trestle. Hopefully, this bup will be leveled out, but if not, hold on to your hats! Even when stopping the train at the top of the slope, the grade is too steep!

the_wall_.jpg

Truly a fictitious marvel, the wall was perfect because the trestle legs stuck out too far and didn't ake ground contact. While this makes the journey scary, at least this piece of straight track makes it easy to slow the train after the roller coaster.

final_section_of_the_ng_line.jpg

Here's a shot of the treacherous mountain-side line.

end_of_line_crossover.jpg

While going tender-first is dangerous, a run-around is all that would fit. Beats a slow backwards climb back up the hill.

final_destination.jpg

Destination reached! The end of the run-around will need to be extended to fit the mallet. Also, a section of steeply graded invisible track will prevent runaways from derailing, unless they have aquired a LOT of speed. Please comment!

Last edited:
Nice progress! 30 inches is a great place to set foot on as well. :D I have been quiet in recent months, focusing on my LEGO trains and a future model train plan. You can say those 8 months had me working on a total overhaul of the FEC in Trainz.

I'm sorry to say that this route has been deleted after my computer required a complete rebuild. Sorry to dissapoint anyone who was awaiting this route.

Oh well... Stuff like this does happen... Pretty much every time I have bounced 9.13GB of content as I have had to do reinstalls, I run that same risk, as when my computer crashes. :(

Last edited:
So, is this route going to be on the DLS? I HOPE SO!

"...Critical hit to the nads!" -Yosuke Hanamura, Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4
"HA-HA! YOU GOT RE-JECT-ED!"-Genis Sage, Tales of Symphonia
"BRING ME THAT IMBECILE FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN!!! FEGELEIN!!! FEGELEIN!!!" -Downfall Parodies Hitler

Oh, wait... It has just been recently deleted :'( ... balls... Oh well. I guess I could just whip up my own version...

"...Critical hit to the nads!" -Yosuke Hanamura, Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4
"HA-HA! YOU GOT RE-JECT-ED!"-Genis Sage, Tales of Symphonia
"BRING ME THAT IMBECILE FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN!!! FEGELEIN!!! FEGELEIN!!!" -Downfall Parodies Hitler

Back