Problem with track measure

Tromben

:eek: I have Track scanner and built in rulers and they say different track length. What of them visit correct of them?

I try Track Scanner little but thay see whas when i click on "1" and SCAN and after that click on "2" and scan so be that 2 different length too, i will know how i do best to fix milepost ?

When i try rulers so take i straight track and measure then and i take many wagon to be same lenght

>==========================<

Last edited:
Maybe the scales are different? Like the scales on a fish are different to that of an armadillo - centimeters are slightly different to inches. Its a different animal you see.

Bernie

I have with real scale and metric from begin and rulers say meters !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi Tromben,

Lay a track the full length of, and parallel to one edge of a baseboard. Measure it, the correct figure is 720m.

The ruler in Trainz shows the correct reading in metric, but not in imperial. I have not used Track scanner, but my guess is that it gives a correct reading, so use that.

The ruler in Trainz shows the correct reading in metric, but not in imperial. I have not used Track scanner, but my guess is that it gives a correct reading, so use that.

The trainz ruler is not correct in imperial (feet, inches, etc.) ????

Is this true even when you set your route to use imperial???

Last edited:
No. One baseboard is 720 metres wide, which is 2362.2 feet, but the ruler shows 2400.0 feet. I think someone typed in 3.3333 as the conversion constant in the earliest version and never got around to fixing it. I only use metric in Trainz, so it wasn't until I saw a comment in the Forum about it that I tested it. I have reported it as a bug.

--

This problem has been fixed in TS2009, the imperial ruler is correct.

Last edited:
Back