UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

A short trip from North Woolwich to Silvertown

xfQ2ZHp.jpg

We board at the desolate North Woolwich station

pmY91vo.jpg

The 105 rasps away from North Woolwich, the remains of the goods yard can be seen on the right, closed in 1970 to rail traffic but still having a residual purpose for loading BR lorries.

qMG1M7R.jpg

We trundle past some signs of the times in the background, with the advertising of the era and slum clearance occurring in the background.

Rl1IbAp.jpg

'Oooohh Aint Eee sweet' Coos Doris as she fails to notice the Number 69 barrelling towards them.

ag8g2qn.jpg

Arrived at Silvertown now with the looming Tate and Lyle works in the background.

Last edited:
A short trip from North Woolwich to Silvertown

xfQ2ZHp.jpg

We board at the desolate North Woolwich station

pmY91vo.jpg

The 105 rasps away from North Woolwich, the remains of the goods yard can be seen on the right, closed in 1970 to rail traffic but still having a residual purpose for loading BR lorries.

qMG1M7R.jpg

We trundle past some signs of the times in the background, with the advertising of the era and slum clearance occurring in the background.

Rl1IbAp.jpg

'Oooohh Aint Eee sweet' Coos Doris as she fails to notice the Number 69 barrelling towards them.

ag8g2qn.jpg

Arrived at Silvertown now with the looming Tate and Lyle works in the background.

Great realistic shots there Klambert, driven along the adjacent road, (Albert Rd), on many occasions.

Paulper.
Thanks for the link to Danwo9's site.
Apart from the retail outlets in post #18252 there are number of other things I'd like to download
But
Google Chrome is blocking me from s000.tinyupload.com - saying the site has nasties i should avoid.

Is anyone else having troubles with downloading Danwho9's items, or does anyone know a way around the problem?
Any feedback will be appreciated.
Cheers
Nick E

Thanks for the responses - and the great screenshots (many of the things depicted on these pages are warmly familiar).
I am currently compiling a video of all the footage i shot during a week we had based in Exteter, with rail trips across the the south-west every day.
It was in the "good old days" - pre Covid19 and will become pretty important nostalgia in the future, as i think our travelling from Australia is going to be a lot different in the future.
Cheers and thanks again.
NickE

I've not posted an ages so I figured I'd share some screenshots. I've started taking influence from various foreign railways but I've tried to keep them as authentically UK-styled as possible.

Guide Bridge from my homage to the Woodhead Line. It's not meant to be an authentic replication of the real line, I've just stolen the names of the stations and principal features like Torside Crossing and Woodhead Tunnel itself.
Guide-Bridge-Station.jpg

The line bisects the Woodhead Forest National Park. Two class 92s with containers head for Lydham Intermodal terminal via Woodhead.
Woodhead-Forest-National-Park.jpg

Two class 76s with a large freight train struggling its way over the Plateau Rail Bridge along with an empty coal train bound for Grey Mesa. This would usually use the Woodhead line, however has had to divert due to engineering work. The (incomplete) skyline of Exton can be seen in the distance. The bridge was built to along with the line's eletrification as the previous line running through a tunnel under the water was considered too impractical to install OHLE in. The tunnel has since used by the Exton Metro system, however is still used to route freight from the West into Exton's seaport and as an emergency diversion route should the bridges need to be closed.
Plateau-Rail-Bridge-Sunset.jpg

My Favourite screenshot:
The first of many all-electric coal trains running deep inland to the coal mines at Grey Mesa. This line was very recently electrified and now forms a second electrified route from Exton to Lydham, although the primary purpose of electrification was to use electric locomotives on the vast amount of freight traffic using the line. This line wasn't originally going to be electrified however I've taken inspiration of the coal lines in Queensland and the Black Mesa and Lake Powell railroad and decided to electrify it. There's something that intriques me about long, remote electrified railway lines.

A pair of class 92s along with a string of empty coal hoppers on their way back to the mines with a backdrop of endless plains and a fiery red sunset.
Deadmoor-Coal-Line-Sunset-Post-Processing.jpg

The post processing is killing my CPU but it looks sooo good.
Class-92s-Deadmoor-Sunset.jpg

I also need to look into reskinning all the trains I use to my fictional operators' liveries.

Last edited:
Some lovely screenshots on here as of late, well done all!

Some from me of M7 30053 at home on the Swanage Railway - huge thanks to edh6 for this beautiful model!

NC5Y3qK.jpg

hMUUPkg.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Real nostalgia to see the Strong and Co of Romsey billboard . When travelling home from London in the late 1950s I well remember the sequence: You are approaching the Strong country; You are entering the Strong country, You are in the Strong country.

Back