UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Goodly shots PLP, hopefully we can all visit the Swanage line soon.

Another headcode

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

These latest shots remind me how much we need new Mk1 carriages for TANE and TRS19. The locos look great, the coaches less so! (And no disrespect to Mike10 who made them - they were intended as a stopgap to support release of TC3 in 2008. Sad that we've not had any replacements since. :()

Paul

I agree Paul, they were good for their time but the more I look at them the less they look like mk1s. I think it's the window surrounds personally; if these were a little more prominent I feel they would look better but I agree they are in need of replacing. I know rumour3 had some new models a while back but I don't know how these are coming along, and the WSR ones are no longer available - in any case, they are older models and while they still look reasonable we could really do with a new model altogether.

Cheers,

PLP

A new generation of BR Mk1 coaches is a large project. I have 196 MK1 coaches by mike10 to build 3.5 or later. Unless a new generation is in the works behind the scenes, for example in relation to a new version of Settle & Carlisle, (no idea if that is happening or not) then sadly, in my opinion, I don't think that it is likely any current UK content creator will take it on for the DLS. The coaches by Mike10 don't have any numbering, so if that was to be part of the upgrade then the number of coaches greatly increases as people will want the coaches specific to their region. As useful as the Mk1 is, as a community we've not accomplished the creation of a full set of Mk2 coaches, nor upgraded the Mk3 coaches and the Mk4 is not available. These are all projects which, when pooled together, do not match the size of a Mk1 upgrade.

Hi borderreiver,

I agree it would be a massive undertaking, but N3V have just released a new base model with the class 47 so I wonder if they could be used as a basis as those mk1s are superb.

It might be only the basics to start with - mike10 has done pretty much every variation ever, but if you started with say a BSK, an SK and a TSO? Perhaps an RMB or similar and then build up the range from there.

I'm inclined to agree that it is doubtful we will see upgraded mk1s in the near future but it's nice to dream about what could be, especially when you see models such as N3Vs new mk1s. Then you can't help but get carried away.

Cheers,

PLP

Interestingly enough, I have copy of Keith Parkin's Mk 1 coaching book. It does cover a lot of stuff, including the Mk1 pullman's. The griddle car and the lounge first always seemed interesting - that is how I had Paul Mace make the Mk 1 pullman first and second parlour cars. A commission I need to get finished once I get a new job. I have the plans for then, but sadly not the aptitude to make them, I tired using blender but couldn't get my head around it. Old dog and tricks!

Hi borderreiver,

I agree it would be a massive undertaking, but N3V have just released a new base model with the class 47 so I wonder if they could be used as a basis as those mk1s are superb.

It might be only the basics to start with - mike10 has done pretty much every variation ever, but if you started with say a BSK, an SK and a TSO? Perhaps an RMB or similar and then build up the range from there.

I'm inclined to agree that it is doubtful we will see upgraded mk1s in the near future but it's nice to dream about what could be, especially when you see models such as N3Vs new mk1s. Then you can't help but get carried away.

Cheers,

PLP

Agree with this. The actual number of new models needed is actually quite small in order to support reasonable consists: SK, FK, BSK, RMB and RB. Additions could be the CK, BG and RUO.

I'm aware of N3V's new Mk1s - it is enormously frustrating that these are only available to those paying a monthly subscription and then only in a niche livery. If N3V have developed these models, why are they not being developed further into a DLC payware package in a full range of liveries available to the whole community? Mk1s are the backbone of passenger trains in the UK from the 50s through to the 80s. The lack of availability of up to date models makes this game a lot less attractive for those of us modelling BR. (And don't even get me started on the Mk2 situation!)

Paul

Hi Paul,

Using N3Vs models would seem the most logical way forward to me - and I've no doubt they'd be quite profitable profitable N3V because, as you say, they were the backbone of passenger trains in the UK for 40 odd years so I've no doubt the demand would be high. I wonder if they have any plans or whether it will be down to someone else but it would be fantastic to see them regardless.

Cheers,

PLP

Great shots everyone!

From one heritage line to another!

Build a new session for my Bodmin & Wenford Railway TRS2019 route last night:

2021-05-11_200612.jpg

2021-05-11_210634.jpg

2021-05-11_211939.jpg

Mark

Hi Paul,

Using N3Vs models would seem the most logical way forward to me - and I've no doubt they'd be quite profitable profitable N3V because, as you say, they were the backbone of passenger trains in the UK for 40 odd years so I've no doubt the demand would be high. I wonder if they have any plans or whether it will be down to someone else but it would be fantastic to see them regardless.

Cheers,

PLP

Completely agree. If they've developed the models why wouldn't they want to release as DLC in a variety of liveries to people (like myself) who are willing to pay? Absolutely crazy to let it wither into yet another Trainz cul de sac!

Paul

I'm no reskinning whiz, far from it but I'd have thought that even the basic liveries shouldn't be too time consuming?

Carmine and cream, green, maroon, brown and cream and blue and grey. Even carmine and cream and blue and grey would fill a gap that covers all regions; the other liveries could follow later.

As stated before, it could even be with a brake, an open and a corridor and then expand it later on.

Seems a shame, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what N3V say or do!

Cheers,

PLP

Who knows what goes through the minds at N3V?
Presumably the money men have a seat at the table and every change costs something.
Perhaps the budget only extended to one model in one livery and the subsequent sales on DLC/subscription have not met expectations.
Maybe they have met expectations and even as we mutter about it a panoply of liveries and carriage types are in the works.........

I recall that I commented elsewhere about N3V issuing a new class 47 and mk1 carriages in a very niche livery that is of little interest to the vast majority of people modelling British Rail modern image compounded by the fact that it was published in a niche version of the game not accessible to the vast majority of Trainz users. I wonder if they'll turn round and tell us, "it wasn't very popular"!

Paul

Back