UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Hi KotangaGirl, I agree and there's lots of detail that can be added to town scenes that looks rewarding once its done. I find they're quite tricky and time consuming to make though, especially on a route such as mine running from central London though more than 14 miles of long urban areas. I've Still got a lot of buildings to model and it can be nice to do countryside areas every so often to vary it a bit and feel like I'm progressing faster.

Hello UK, I need your advice about the Class 373 into GNER livery if I used the great colors please, any opinion and advice with pleasure.

sSpCJmR.png

mzpAVes.png

Haha it's not the right blue then I'll change that and by the way did you know where I can find the color code of the colors used by UK train please ?

Reedsmouth Junction 1930

Ex-N.B.R. J36 0-6-0s cross at Reedsmouth Junction during LNER days around 1930. Northbound loose-coupled goods train stands in platform one as the morning through Hawick to Newcastle passenger train arrives. It will take a couple of minutes to exchange line tokens for the single line in each direction and they can be on their way. TS12 version of my route.

Excellent pictures PLP with really nice attention to scenic detailing.

I do like your picture Bordereiver. Plenty of 1930's atmosphere there.

I was doing some work on my very WIP Broad Gauge layout this afternoon. Here's 'Bulkeley' with a train at one of the stations on the line.

2TJkiS1.jpg

Last edited:
GWR BG, now there is a challenge Kotangagirl, good work.

The Reid J36 0-6-0 hauling the Hawick to Newcastle morning passenger train out of Reedsmouth Junction towards Wark. Signals courtesy of fine work by Chrisaw.

Black 5 on a summer evening heritage run.

Just back to to Trainz after a number of years, now I have more available time. My first serious attempt at route building..and uploading images!!!

2ARBlOk.jpg

yV0acMr.jpg

mTfZbLx.jpg

GWR BG, now there is a challenge Kotangagirl, good work.

The Reid J36 0-6-0 hauling the Hawick to Newcastle morning passenger train out of Reedsmouth Junction towards Wark. Signals courtesy of fine work by Chrisaw.

Thanks Borderreiver. GWR BG is definitely different and I've still got a lot to learn, but it's been fun working on this layout though it's still very WIP with a lot still to do.

I do like those signals in your screenshot though, - they are seriously nice. Signals are something that interests me a good deal, though I'd hesitate to say I'm any kind of expert.

Black 5 on a summer evening heritage run.

Just back to to Trainz after a number of years, now I have more available time. My first serious attempt at route building..and uploading images!!!

Very nice scenic work and detailing heimdell.

Heimdell, that looks a lot like Grosmont on the North Yorks Moors Railway ! Is it "The Heartbeat" route around Whitby/Pickering?

Yes it is. Always liked that route since I travelled on it many years ago, so long ago they were actually filming the first series of Heartbeat at the time.

I have used TransDem to model the terrain from Whitby to Pickering and i have just started adding features, stations and buildings. I am just using anything I can find on the download station that in some way resembles reality. I may one day model some of the buildings but its a steep learning curve at the moment just to texture the landscape and add the track...

Screenshot looking across the river towards the wharf at Debton on my slightly elastic period grouping transition era layout.

UEuY1RN.jpg

I've downloaded a layout named Gwladys Ddu (GW) from the DLS. It's for TC3 and I mostly downloaded it because sometimes I just like to see how someone else has put together a layout. From what I've seen so far it's very good. The layout is very well signalled in an authentic manner too which is something I really like. The layout's creator has a different style and approach to mine which is always good to see as that way I find learn new things about layout building instead of being in the same old rut.

I used No.4600 to haul the first train, - and while I know this locomotive was a bit of an orphan and counted as not being a successful experiment by the GWR I like it and it's nice to drive. Anyway enough from me and on with posting some pictures.

I know the coaches are a bit anachronistic, but I don't have anything of a later period.
Jx6Gj1t.jpg

It didn't take me long to find the single track rural countryside lines as that's what I like best.
1yWP19Q.jpg

0IT8hQg.jpg

zXXK4qk.jpg

And I decided to stop and save here at this pretty little station because I was starting to get tired and sleepy. I don't think I'll be wanting to do any editing on this layout as it works just fine just as it and it's lots of fun to drive trains on which is exactly what I like to do sometimes when I want a break from my own layouts.
2HAdPlc.jpg

KotangaGirl, Great screen shots. Driver_Col has produced a number of other excellent layouts, I found from recommendations in other threads, Billiton, Tysten and others that have also been updated to version 4.5. I have spent many hours studying these as the inspiration and ideas for my current layout.

KotangaGirl, Great screen shots. Driver_Col has produced a number of other excellent layouts, I found from recommendations in other threads, Billiton, Tysten and others that have also been updated to version 4.5. I have spent many hours studying these as the inspiration and ideas for my current layout.

Yes I'm very impressed with how he puts his layouts together. I'm going to give his Valleyfields LNER one a try too so I can give my GNR and NER Atlantics a chance to stretch their legs. The LNER side of my main layout still needs work doing to it so they don't get much of a run at the moment.

I downloaded Valleyfields LNER and discovered it has a coal mine so I distracted myself there for a while because I like shunting and the screens require a certain finesse to operate and load coal wagons correctly. Call me strange if you want, but that's what I like and enjoy.

EGq0NSU.jpg

Back