UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Brilliant! Thanks a lot klambert. Well I tried it, but I was using the link thingy that I was familiar with in Geograph and it didn't work.

Last edited:
29727438147_914471dd80_o.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how to display screenshot from that site.

klambert said:
Hi Dave, How to do it is you do the following. In flickr, in photostream click on the photo you want to display, this should enlarge the photo, Click on the download button in the bottom right corner (Looks like a downward arrow and line underneath), A menu should appear, select 'View all sizes', you should be taken to a page titled photo/allsizes, just right click on the picture itself > Copy image address, and then paste the image into the image link thingy on this forum.

The way I do it is instead of clicking "download", I click the "share" button (sideways arrow) next to it, then the BBCode tab, and it gives you a link you can copy and paste directly into your post. I find it slightly faster when you have multiple images.

Thank you Mightyena. Always good to have a few options :)

KotangaGirl

Very nice Escafeld, - what route is that?

Thank you. It is and it isn't a route. I did a few test squares (5 or 6) for the stations relevant to the County of Lincolnshire, which I'm still battling on with. It's a lot of squares :confused:

Looks very much like a good beginning Escafeld; - hope to see more sometime soon.

More Middle Vales. Back in my 20s I had a very good book on the early BR era in the north, - unfortunately I don't have it anymore, - but it had many pictures of Riddles ex-WD engines at work as well as 'super Ds', - so when it came to selecting engines to be assigned to Dunleer shed I went for an ex-WD 2-8-0 and 2-10-0 and 3 'Super Ds' rather than choosing Stanier 8F's. Dunleer shed also has a Fowler 7F 0-8-0, but it doesn't get used much.

Setting off for the colliery with the evening drawing in. andi06's WD 2-8-0 really is a superb digital model and a joy to drive.

3K3RmBy.jpg

pynn7aS.jpg

hmdfA9x.jpg

AZdEB4B.jpg

FcOspA8.jpg

I know Imgur were doing some kind of upgrade that made their hosting service a bit flaky for a while, but I thought that was finished now. I think some browsers might be blocking Imgur for some daft reason, - or so somebody told me, - but everything is working fine in Chrome.

More evening coal train screenies on Middle Vales.

HBytBmX.jpg

I know Imgur were doing some kind of upgrade that made their hosting service a bit flaky for a while, but I thought that was finished now. I think some browsers might be blocking Imgur for some daft reason, - or so somebody told me, - but everything is working fine in Chrome.

Just tried IE, which shows a message saying -

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

Yes that's the message. There is actually nothing wrong with the website it's just that the browser's security setting are set to too high a level and it's finding a problem that isn't actually a problem at all. I know some other folk have got around it by adjusting the security settings in their browser, but I wouldn't know exactly what they did because I use Chrome which doesn't have a problem with Imgur.

Excellent shots all.

I haven't posted in a while, but while browsing the forums tonight I discovered, to my joy, the wonderful LSWR T9 from camscott and bought myself the pack.
Here we see LSWR T9 30120 simmering at Swanage, before departing with the afternoon train:
s5SkIac.jpg

Departing Swanage, passing 34028 Eddystone in the siding:
fdxev5k.jpg

Pictured at the rear of the gardens on the run up to Victoria Avenue:
P2oGG8d.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Playing with my VEP on CLL.

44763241342_7324223bb7_b.jpg

Got a new computer that can manage far longer draw distances and most importantly shadows! Without reducing the game to a slideshow presentation, I can now achieve a London panorama. A part of London I know very well and where my wife and I first met, if only Waterloo Bridge was really this quiet! From Left to right, St Pauls Cathedral, Blackfriars bridge (red bridge in the background), Waterloo Bridge, (In the Foreground), The fictional Temple Bridge, with which the CLL runs on. Oxo Tower, (Where my wife also bought her wedding dress) and finally the National Theatre. Does make me think though, CLL may need a bit of a refurb to bring it up to TS19 standards.

44763241252_648d578880_b.jpg

The now deceased old London Bridge Station. As can be seen I still have yet to sort out the headcode box and numbering.

43001540130_0434e9fda5_b.jpg

The unusual sight of a VEP in what looks like a widened lines cutting, only possible on CLL! Mason Taylors retaining walls do look especially excellent with the shadow settings on high.

Ah! That's the T9 I comissioned! I'm glad you enjoy the model as much as I did! I asked Camscott about the possibility of releasing the model as payware for his site but I wasn't expecting him to release a whole package of T9s - it was a real treat!

I'm glad you have it! Now Swanage needs is the 4MT, the SECR N Class and a the two SR U Class locos for the route! The route look like its coming along great so I hope everything else transitions smoothly!

Nice to see Swanage again PLP. The new T9 looks very nice, - camscott makes very good engines; - and I'm trying my hardest to not purchase the T9 pack since I'm mostly working on Scottish and North Country routes at the moment and I don't want to get distracted.

Excellent London pictures klambert. Modern electrics aren't my thing, but I can appreciate the work you've put into the CLL route.

Back