UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Alex - v1 of the route (Dearnby and District) is 43 boards although it's hoped to gradually extend it in later versions. The overriding priority is to try and maintain a realistic level of detail as it expands. It is a collaboration between Lataxe Ludd and myself and we hope to get it onto the DLS quite soon.

Rob - the name on the signal box is actually Dearne on Sea West. Dearne on Sea (v1) was put on the DLS as a WIP but has now been subsumed into this layout, along with Dearnby and a few other things.

A couple more images:
suw2gRz.jpg
[/IMG]
wcFX6fc.jpg
[/IMG]

It's 0630 and while Ivatt 2MT 41312 is being readied for the day, BR Class 08 08476 is on shunting duty. The first task of the day is to bring the coaches into platform 2 so that shunting movements can take place before passenger services start. In the pictures below, we see it first under Northbrook Road bridge heading for Swanage carriage sidings, before we then see it passing Swanage 'box and entering platform 2 with the coaches in tow:
uDkQMSc.jpg

9Wy1rlr.jpg

Next, we see 08476 run round the train and heading back to the carriage sidings in preparation for shunting that morning:
h61jiSL.jpg

6nHcB51.jpg

rDDdvAA.jpg

Later at 0940, we see Ivatt 2MT 41312 leaving Swanage MPD and into platform 2 to couple up to its coaches for the first run of the day:
KlRlOP6.jpg

xExFoV6.jpg

Lastly, 41312 is seen idling in platform 2, with headcode displayed awaiting departure time:

S0NfEF6.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Really nice shots all!

Hopefully you won't mind me sharing some of my UK model RR pictures of my attempt at making a UK theme route:)

u2PfYs9.jpg

G1hl4Vh.jpg

ZoJZz9p.jpg

IINzlUg.jpg

bqjBszw.jpg

8l6aq47.jpg

@hiawathamr: In post #17605 your first screenshot shows a junction where two lines cross each other at 90degrees. I'm fairly certain that no junction like that exists on UK railways either past or present but having said that, I'm prepared to be corrected on this point!

Otherwise, nice shots.

Rob.

Excellent shots all!

Here we see a 'what might have been' shot had an LSWR Drummond '700' class been preserved. Shown here is 30695, a long term Bournemouth shed resident and subsequently a regular on the Swanage branch. 30695 is in charge of a 3 coach train, deparitng Swanage at 9am sharp heading for Corfe Castle and Norden.
KZuTIif.jpg

CviSxAo.jpg

k4vQaTU.jpg

ADZzG3u.jpg

yN8MPJz.jpg

1Npq4Ei.jpg

ELPNyL1.jpg

We see it passing Swanage MPD, where Ivatt 2MT 41312 is being attended to, before we see it passing Swanage carriage sidings and finally sailing past the gardens of Kings Road backing onto the railway.
Cheers,

PLP

@hiawathamr: In post #17605 your first screenshot shows a junction where two lines cross each other at 90degrees. I'm fairly certain that no junction like that exists on UK railways either past or present but having said that, I'm prepared to be corrected on this point!

Otherwise, nice shots.

Rob.
Sorry that it isn't correct:(

This is the only reason I have it setup like that:

TdqUuL9.jpg

There won't be room for the left side to make the grade without having it go beyond realistic grade standards...

Couple more than I'm just noodling around with...and, gah! Forgot to switch off junction overlays (WHY can't that be a default preference?!)

i2m00g8.jpg

Rni4lNh.jpg

Back