UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Hi Mick,

They're all from the Midshire Mainline route by fudginator and nexusdj which I've been upgrading and extending.

Cheers,
Innis
Thank you for the reply Innis I have The Midshire Mainline and tried updating it also tried The Duchy Days too both great modern style routes, Keep up the great work anyway mate I've been keeping a eye out for you pic's.
Cheers Mick.:)

45427369082_d064df5021_b.jpg

Here are some progress shots from Riccarton Junction all in TRS19.

44788757894_5d915d5a13_o.jpg

Leaving Riccarton Junction northbound

30572976827_11e3f895e5_o.jpg

Approaching Whitrope Summit

30572976217_e41d6e5a6c_o.jpg

Exiting the route via Whitrope Tunnel, beginning the decent to Hawick.

Best wishes
Ian

Wow! The scenic work you are doing on Riccarton Junction is really outstanding Ian; - you might make a believer out of me yet.

And nice to see some Potteries Loop Line screenshots on here too borderreiver.

Long ago when I first started out with TS2009 2.9 I built a purely imaginary minor railway using one corner of madtrain14's 'a moment in time' to provide the landscape. I loved my little imaginary railway and spend many hours running it, - then like a fool I upgraded my version of TS2009 to SP4 and it got trashed. BUT just this week I discovered a backup copy I'd made only a matter of a week or two before the SP4 monster ate it so now I'm gradually converting it over to TS20012.

The Furlong branch is a twiglet of a little branchline making a junction with the Seaside Branch. Being right on the coast for most of its length the name is very much appropriate. My little railway has a very good working relationship with the NER which is how they came by the Class 'E' (J71). Time period is right at the end of the pre-group era.

Uwkk98r.jpg

wr8i9vs.jpg

Very rare example of a pre-grouping era Series 1 Morris 8 in this picture. Car enthusiasts regard them as being almost mythical due to their rarity. :hehe:
LG8Zlp6.jpg

N8FO9LG.jpg

P2PJhbt.jpg

Waiting for signals.

dawFLfO.jpg

My little railway is a keen user of the products of Sharp Stewart & Co.' - supplier of locomotives to minor railways throughout the UK during the pre-group era.

3ILJgpO.jpg

Provided the sight of my screenies hasn't made you all want gouge your eyes out with a teaspoon I might post some more later.

Last edited:
re post by pfx, borderreiver, IanOHoseason and KotangaGirl.

I had a problem with "imgur" hosting site not displaying images for a few days (don't know why?), and now its back and what a feast from you all.

Thank you all very much.

Cheers, evilcrow

Katanga Girl: Your lovely little railway reminds me of the North Sunderland Railway which I dabbled with at the very beginning. It was real and maintained its independence from the NER until the end. I think that line illustrates the old adage “there’s a prototype for everything.”
Best wishes
Ian

Thanks Ian :) The North Sunderland Railway certainly looks like it would be an interesting proposition for a small Trainz route. My little railway had a shipping company as one of the promoters, - 'The Grand Navigation Shipping Co', - which is where the 'GN' in 'GNJt.R' comes from. There's a fairly large wharf at Seaside Magna which is the terminus of the line so my little railway is on a firmer financial footing than most. At the present time in my independent railways history a pair of NER Worsdell Class 'C' 0-6-0s and a solitary orphan McDonnell Class '59' are fairly frequent visitors to the line and if it hadn't been for the war and then the grouping the shipping company and the NER might've worked out a more formal arrangement instead of the present 'gentlemen's handshake' one.
Now with the formation of the soon to be LNER on the horizon who can say what might happen........:confused:

A pair of ex-L&Y class 27's head off to work on Middlevales. I already had weathered one working on Middlevales, but Paul gave me a free gift of a cleanish class 27 with my last order from Paulz Trainz and it would have been rude to say 'No'. Updated with Paul Hobb's engine spec files and knucklesnvector's LNWR steam sound and whistle files they really are a very useful pair of engines and a lot of fun to drive. For perverse reasons of my own I didn't want to run Fowler 4F's on Middlevales, nobody makes a Fowler 3F, - so a L&Y Class 27 was the best choice.

482y5te.jpg

AZGQSax.jpg

CHRNdHq.jpg

brt99gL.jpg

W6uTakL.jpg

6dJXxIW.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty new at this posting screenshots, but here we go... Here's a few shots from my Dearnby route by Neville_Hill. Based in the 50's, it is home to a multitude of rolling stock from the Southern, Western, and Midland Regions of BR. The photos follow the journey of G6 Class 30277 as it works a morning goods
CHXspCC
working from Dearnby Docks to the Mills on the outskirts of town.

CHXspCC.jpg
[/IMG]
4CnlBam.jpg
[/IMG]
FxPKl9D.jpg
[/IMG]
e66jFNZ.jpg
[/IMG]
o2Te1ae.jpg
[/IMG]
ItXtXzs.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Excellent Tanker, you've solved your problem of how to post screenshots and your G6 is looking very nice. One small criticism though, you really do need to turn those junction markers off before taking screenshots.

Thanks KotangaGirl. I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you in a while. I have been in the middle of and enormous renumbering project on my GCR BR Route and I've been off the forums for a while. I will take the switches off with the next set of screenshots I take. All the Dearnby shots I currently took have them in the background so I can't do much about them in those! XD

Also, thanks for the compliments on the G6. :) I will send you a copy of the MkII so you can test it out for yourself along with the Jinties! :)

Tanker46

Oooooo lovely, - new engines to play with. :)

Yes reworking a route can take a lot of time and effort alright. I've sometimes disappeared for days when I've been working on Middlevales.

The journey of the stalwart 30277 continues as it approaches the main junction towards the line to Casterford. But before it can clear the signal box it is stopped to wait for the passing morning commuter run. After Ivatt 2MT 41271 passes with its circular working, 30277 is free to proceed towards the mills with its mixed goods.

c5alPEf.jpg
[/IMG]
1R8jpJI.jpg
[/IMG]
bxmcAwH.jpg
[/IMG]
JuTYF0k.jpg
[/IMG]
WyqkhBq.jpg
[/IMG]
PYVAcAZ.jpg
[/IMG]
BDsHcuF.jpg
[/IMG]
nRCrhCn.jpg
[/IMG]
QCvYf8z.jpg
[/IMG]
WA7efgY.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks for understanding! I've actually been working on my locomotives as I am recreating the GCR in the 1950s and I am currently in the process of renumbering my locomotives for historical accuracy. It's been a chore but I've finished the J11s, A5s, and N7s. I've still got a long way to go though!

Back