UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

A little part of Cornwall without re-touch. The last shots are without fog and with some fog added.
2019-01-23-202024.jpg
[/URL]

Great shots all!

Just two from me tonight showing Harmans Cross station in daytime and in early evening - looking every bit like a typical Southern country station, it's hard to believe it never existed in BR days and in fact was only built in 1989.
YNNP0Or.jpg

dcO4pb3.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Here's the start of something I have been doing in my spare time. A small layout using Ken_Whit's Sussex Lines UK route as a base.

The locomotive fleet is comprised of Jayholland's spectacular SR Locos touched up for TANE with the addition of Decapod's SECR O1 Class and Seanoc17's E2 Class also given a touch up reskin. I have a few more locomotives in service on this route, but these are the main locomotives I have roaded at 75A. The results of this route so far have been promising...

buJJWJq.jpg
[/IMG]
amOnTr5.jpg
[/IMG]
pNYWd50.jpg
[/IMG]
cUc6DOW.jpg
[/IMG]
3tGqpTr.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Oh my goodness this shot is gorgeous Valliant! It makes me want to make an investment for TS2019!!

Out of curiosity, is 7828 a reskin or a model of your own design? Either way it looks stunning!! The Chocolate and Cream colored coaches look splendid as well!

The West Somerset looks incredible for sure!

Tanker46

Thank you.

TRS2019 is worth it in my opinion - and I was happy with T:ANE. The Manor is a personal re-skin of one of PaulzTrainz models I commissioned a few years ago, the Mk 1s are the Railwaves ones, currently not available.

Anthony

2019-01-2717302126jn3.jpg

@KotangaGirl, evilcrow, IanOHoseason, robd and teddytoot, thanks for the friendly Words:).

@teddytoot, the Horse-Drawn Carriages are from Ricky Sykes, kuid:254127.

Greetings

Epo:)

#17625. Wow Epo. You are certainly getting good at this. Makes me want to go and convert the Cornish mainline route to Broad Gauge like it used to be.

Great shot nexusdj, thanks for the latest assets on the DLS. Have you thought about submitting an article to "Modern Traction" magazine? They have a modelling section and a couple of years ago featured a "trainz" layout based on BR Coal Traffic in County Durham in the 1970s. They are a magazine focusing on the 1970s and 1980s so your route will fit.

Last edited:
Superb shots PortLine :)

Great shot nexusdj, thanks for the latest assets on the DLS. Have you thought about submitting an article to "Modern Traction" magazine? They have a modelling section and a couple of years ago featured a "trainz" layout based on BR Coal Traffic in County Durham in the 1970s. They are a magazine focusing on the 1970s and 1980s so your route will fit.

Magazine : I don't think I've ever considered going down that route , A great idea in principle which not only help's promote Trainz but also the work of those who contribute to this great community .
However I find that posting on here the British Trainz forum and Flickr is probably more than enough promotion of my work and Trainz (via Flickr) and is also within my comfort zone for work .

The fact I haven't purchased TRS19 (yet) would also mean I couldn't fully promote the Sim and show it off to it's latest standards .

Now that the seed has been sown perhaps one of the other UK authors might consider producing an article ?

Hello nexusdj. Thanks for the reply. If it is not in your comfort zone then it is not for you. However, it would not need to be a large route or even a large article. Recently they had as a feature an "0" shaped railway model layout of a plain four track section in West Yorkshire (length at about a scale 150 metres) set during the 1980s. Somebody producing something similar in trainz could easily make it a scale 500 metres or even a scale kilometer. If not a loop then portals at each end. If it was a reproduction of an actual section of track/junction/station then I think it would be a contender. If any author is fearful of producing awful copy then an app called "grammerly" can help out. Actual model railway layouts rarely show off prototype length trains (HST, Class 86 + 9 coaches, Class 47 with a freightliner or car transporter) and it does not need to be "Bristol Temple meads 1982". The Fort William and Crianlarich route would be a contender but equally a scrapyard siding with a Class 08 would be in there too if the scenic setting is done well. I am considering an extract of Consett from my NW Durham route modernised to 1979, though it might be a bit too close to the previous featured trainz layout.

hyAq1EN.jpg

Having missed the train home by seconds, you wait an hour for the the last train of the evening, you're left lingering by yourself on an isolated, poorly lit platform for an interminable amount of time. At long last a well heated cozy, MK1 rolls in.

BR 1970s - Morning at Consett Low Yard

A morning during the late 1970s sees Consett Low Yard on the morning shift. Two Class 37s from Gateshead wait to take bogie bolster trainloads down the branch to Tyne Yard. The Class 08 is at Consett for the week, returning to Gateshead Depot at the weekend for servicing and refuelling. Two of BSC Consett's Sentinel shunters are busy at the NE end of the yard in BSC's sidings.

Back