UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Worcester Tunnel Junction

17sep04.jpg

I am now in the process of extending my 1930s Cornish Mainline and Branches - Truro to Penzance to include the mainline and branches between Truro and Portsmouth. These shots are the approach to Truro from the Portsmouth side.
86011db195a08b4471e6ec3edfa2e6a4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Been a while since I've posted on here, some fantastic shots people!

Just a few from me:

Grange Grove, on the Dartham Transport Southern Line:

One of Dartham Transport's newly delivered class 474/5 EMUs on test:

The Watley Line's terminus at Lightwood, after rennovation by SIGMA Transport:

I'm really surprised to see my fictional units are still going, 10 years after I made them!

Anyway, moving on to more current projects, I think I've shown shots before of this, its a little diesel shunter that I measured up when it was on the Mid Hants Railway at the time, so I modelled it. Someone I knew requested a 0-6-0 version, so I did it as soon as I found the files for the original project. Luckily, it was a cut-and-shut job or is it cut-and-stretch job? I did some minor updates (texturing), while doing this, considering all the reskinners, if anyone wants to view my texture map, please tell me, I'll upload a sample here. Its taking me less than a week to get this far (I've been off for that time on what we term as Compensation Leave as I've worked too many bank holidays). Most of the work I've done to and from on the train to work, not this one!

It's already put a lot of my work to shame with the E-light script. Is it right? Also, does anyone have any idea what the interior controls are and what dials there are? The one I measured up as a prototype (and have the photos to) had all the gauges missing anyway! While I am talking about flaws, here is another one, the above is in TS2010(Yes, I still use it and develop in it!), but the result of using m.tbumpenv in TS2010 turns the object completely white, while in TANE, looks like someone got some Silvo and buffed the hell out of the body!

Any suggestions?

I'm really surprised to see my fictional units are still going, 10 years after I made them!

Anyway, moving on to more current projects, I think I've shown shots before of this, its a little diesel shunter that I measured up when it was on the Mid Hants Railway at the time, so I modelled it. Someone I knew requested a 0-6-0 version, so I did it as soon as I found the files for the original project. Luckily, it was a cut-and-shut job or is it cut-and-stretch job? I did some minor updates (texturing), while doing this, considering all the reskinners, if anyone wants to view my texture map, please tell me, I'll upload a sample here. Its taking me less than a week to get this far (I've been off for that time on what we term as Compensation Leave as I've worked too many bank holidays). Most of the work I've done to and from on the train to work, not this one!

It's already put a lot of my work to shame with the E-light script. Is it right? Also, does anyone have any idea what the interior controls are and what dials there are? The one I measured up as a prototype (and have the photos to) had all the gauges missing anyway! While I am talking about flaws, here is another one, the above is in TS2010(Yes, I still use it and develop in it!), but the result of using m.tbumpenv in TS2010 turns the object completely white, while in TANE, looks like someone got some Silvo and buffed the hell out of the body!

Any suggestions?

You've got to adjust the alpha levels for the texture; more transparency = less shine. Try setting the whole texture's opacity at 10% as a test; it may still be rather shiny but will give you textures at least.

Well, credit where it's due, they're still really good models! With just a few changes from the original (build 3.5, higher res 2048x2048 textures, new bogies on some units, enginespec and sounds, and replacing Superscript with the lighter weight LightUp and DestSignTable scripts), they still hold their own very well - they continue to be the preferred model to base my Trainz empire around! :Y:

From the original dual-voltage Class 477:

Through to the newer, AC-only Class 478:

The 477s dual-voltage replacement, the Class 487:

And the lower cost Class 474:

The only problems I've come across are that the window glass turns green in T:ANE (though I suspect that's just one of the many bugs in TANE), and the factthat the driver has punched through the windscreen! :hehe:

Well, credit where it's due, they're still really good models! With just a few changes from the original (build 3.5, higher res 2048x2048 textures, new bogies on some units, enginespec and sounds, and replacing Superscript with the lighter weight LightUp and DestSignTable scripts), they still hold their own very well

The only problems I've come across are that the window glass turns green in T:ANE (though I suspect that's just one of the many bugs in TANE), and the factthat the driver has punched through the windscreen! :hehe:

And the suitcases that show themselves beyond the carriage body. These are errors I know about and forgot to deal with. :-O

I do plan to do an update and I do have a cab view that I never finished but texturing wise, I do fancy giving it the E-Light treatment as I have done with the shunter which also uses 2048x2048 textures. I think the originals were only 512x512?

I also need to do a material chop, I think it had 22 materials which I read more recently is a bad idea due to how inefficent it is. Some stuff Ive already started on the shunter which had 20 materials to just 5 materials.

ef91423543870a21a2c3c146e7597cfb.jpg

Hello everyone! My first screenshot to be posted in this thread is a LBSCR South London EMU loading passengers at Balerno on The Gramsby Line (LBSCR). I have been running test sessions on the route and these trains run very smoothly. The reason why the pantograph is down on this car is because the third car of the train has the pantograph up. This will be the first trainz route ever to have LBSCR South London Catenary throughout and I'm working really hard on this one. Questions and comments are greatly appreciated.

And Mightyena, will all of those consists you have showcased be on the DLS soon? I'm looking forward to using them on Midshire Mainline.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! My first screenshot to be posted in this thread is a LBSCR South London EMU loading passengers at Balerno on The Gramsby Line (LBSCR). I have been running test sessions on the route and these trains run very smoothly. The reason why the pantograph is down on this car is because the third car of the train has the pantograph up. This will be the first trainz route ever to have LBSCR South London Catenary throughout and I'm working really hard on this one. Questions and comments are greatly appreciated.

Does a CW luggage van interest you? I've not built the rest of it (I.e. 3 coaches), but I should have tge source and compiled form somewhere on my hard drive. PM me if you are.

Does a CW luggage van interest you? I've not built the rest of it (I.e. 3 coaches), but I should have tge source and compiled form somewhere on my hard drive. PM me if you are.

I have sent you a PM. I haven't heard of these CW luggage vans, but they could be useful for the LBSCR South London and the SR South London EMU consists.

Some shots of a TANE RAILYARD I created to celebrate the creations of some favourite content creators' work....

I love this:

lLMhOez.jpg

Great railyard and museum. Nice touches with the queues for the toilets and a statue in honour to yourself! - very amusing. I've even noticed a couple of my reskins being exhibited!!

A great tribute to all the talented creators for Trainz.

Thanks for this.

Rob.

Last edited:
The Trainz Museum and Gallery

Some more shots from the Museum and Gallery. For details of this and the 'EMPTY' version see the thread in 'Freeware Announcements'.....
c8a13d7941e8ba1f1cd580d0da56a9e7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ba830642cbdf1a945c1d1be166e3f01c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
594bfdb40fe4a516b1bf202dfc33d7be.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
7d281325a1b5345d2880b7700d7a39a7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
fef9459c74ed05687fca595c426a7db5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back