UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Some more of my Isle of Grain based route St Marys Hoo/Stoke

42651824394_900ef1c438_b.jpg

Whilst holidaying at Allhallows I rode my bike to Stoke Station in time to see one of Kent Refinery's Sentinel shunters trundling towards the lightermans wharf with some oil barrels, around midday where they'll be loaded onto a lightermans barge to be transported further up the Thames to London.

42651823404_57f0b29c4e_b.jpg

A little later in the day after I'd stopped off at the village pub half a mile away, I returned to Stoke Station, this view is looking north where you can see the remnants of the goods yard, and the remains of the truncated line North to Allhallows.

43368610281_bdfe08a75d_b.jpg

Looking east towards Kent Refinery (After doing a bit of research I'd decided to replace the power station as that wouldn't be opened until 1979), Despite this being 1975, the BR corporate image hasn't quite reached Stoke yet, with the original SR sign and concrete lamp still in place.

43368610701_5046be2f00_b.jpg

The burbling of 33002 breaks the silence as it rumbles into Stoke with some empties, which will be dropped off, then taken by the refinery shunter to be filled with petcoke later.

42651823754_4b7da82ceb_b.jpg

Once again looking north to Allhallows, due to the short distance between the entrance points and the 'sleeper stop', the train needs to be split before it's shunted into the sidings.

42651824234_1ff63d1cb5_b.jpg

Another view of 33002 shunting.

Evening all,

Some beautiful shots on here, I've been away for the last two weeks but I've been keeping up with the thread, and safe to say I'm impressed as ever by the quality of the shots!
Just a few from me tonight, I've been playing with the ambience lighting a bit and trying to find something similar to the summer nigths we're currently experiencing - here's what I have so far.

Swanage station in the evening, devoid of passengers who after enjoying a day on a steam train have gone home for the night. Here we see J94 75050 heading a small goods train out of Swanage before retiring for the night:
PtHMBGL.jpg

Jq1QGne.jpg

KByAdbH.jpg

w97g14a.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Part of a large layout I'm doing just to practice stuff on - hence the mix of modern and semaphore signals: I'm still no good at this, but I think I'm slowly improving.

1In3gqA.jpg

An old abandoned industry and sidings. These sorts of places fascinate me:

0yaHYvM.jpg

Last edited:
Evening all,

Some beautiful shots on here, I've been away for the last two weeks but I've been keeping up with the thread, and safe to say I'm impressed as ever by the quality of the shots!
Just a few from me tonight, I've been playing with the ambience lighting a bit and trying to find something similar to the summer nigths we're currently experiencing - here's what I have so far.

Swanage station in the evening, devoid of passengers who after enjoying a day on a steam train have gone home for the night. Here we see J94 75050 heading a small goods train out of Swanage before retiring for the night:
PtHMBGL.jpg

Jq1QGne.jpg

KByAdbH.jpg

w97g14a.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Those shots look really nice, but I have to know: if you haven’t already answered, where do you plan to release this?

Hi hholdenaz,

I plan to release the route onto the DLS; when that would be I couldn't begin to give you an idea as it's a sizeable route and I work full time, so I'm only able to do bits here and there!

I'm considering releasing a demo of the route though at some point, maybe just Swanage and the surrounding area? What do people think?
Cheers,

PLP

Evening all,

Just one from me tonight: ex-GWR 5600 class 6695 departs Swanage with the Wessex Belle dining train. One of the nice things about modelling heritage railways is that you can have virtually anything running on them without them looking out of place! Although I do prefer SR, LSWR and LBSCR related stock, it's nice to break it up every now and then.
4qmMWBm.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Thanks for that Rob, I'm a little way of releasing anytihng yet but I'll keep it in mind for when I get to that stage!

Just a few from me tonight showing the new area I've been working on - the viewing area at Swanage opposite the loco shed. Open to members of the public to come and watch the trains go by, the viewer would also be afforded an excellent view of the curve into Swanage station as well as that of the engine shed, coaling stage and turntable directly opposite.
In these shots however, we see the railway's class 117 DMU 3 car set entering Swanage a little after 7am, looking resplendent in the morning sun:
YvuQkhU.jpg

JnRRWX7.jpg

We then see the 117 sitting in Swanage platform ready for the day ahead:
FsFrSuj.jpg

W1D8nd8.jpg

Finally, an overview of the viewing area:
6VaaXAX.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Evening all,

3 car Class 117 DMU awaiting the right away for the evening service from Swanage to Corfe Castle:
RLBXPWB.jpg

MgpKgzJ.jpg

ZRGj8tP.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Grange Grove

No heritage railways out near Dartham, so aspiring enthusiasts must make do with spending an hour or so at their local DT station:

The walk up to the leafy Grange Grove station, on Dartham Transport's Southern Line:

The station is completely empty this morning, so little chance of distractions. A quiet, winding route, the Southern Line runs from the Dartham City Loop out to South Woodridge and Wakenshaw, branching off from the busier Western Line at Ansell Park:

The calm is disturbed as a 474/5 approaches from South Woodridge, with a service to the city. The class 474/5s are the newest trains operating on the network, having just entered service to replace most of the older class 317s and joining the 474/3s and 478/2s working the majority of stopping services. They will soon be joined by the 8-car fixed class 474/7 sets, currently on test to provide capacity increase across the network:

474577 is the leading unit on this Dartham City service:

As the train departs, we see 474523 on the rear. Next stop for this service will be Swepford:

A 317 arrives opposite, bound for South Woodridge:

A bit naughty, but heading to the very edge of the platform gives a great shot of 478253:

Nice screenshots neville_hill. I can't quite make out the name of the signal box on the extreme left of your 1st shot; is it an actual or fictitious location?

Rob.

Back