UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Good shots by marky7890 (#18050) and pfx (#18051).

May I ask as to what is the structure seen above the track in the background in the shot in post #18051 by pfx?

Thanks,

Rob.

Hi Rob,

I've already been beaten to the post as to what it is, but this time lapse video shows it in action. I used to live 10 minutes walk away. It's an impressive piece of engineering.

Cheers,
Innis

Last edited:
If you want to see the Falkirk Wheel in action in Trainz take a look at my Glasgow Queen St. Route, Specifically this session

<kuid2:117948:100376:1> Glasgow Queen St TANE Session - Class 158

The Wheel was created by vulcan <kuid2:60238:60014:1> Falkirk Wheel

Cheers

Rob,
I was always fascinated by Anderton boat lift ever since visiting it as a teenager while sailing part of the Trent & Mersey canal. At the time (some time in the mid to late 80s) the lift was closed and was in a bit of a sorry state. It's good to see it was eventually restored.

Chris,
I haven't set the wheel up to run on this route so it sits static. The route is still a long way from completion but perhaps some day the wheel will turn?

Cheers,
Innis

A couple of pics of the line between Carmuirs West Jcn and Greenhills Lower Jcn, with the Forth & Clyde canal running parallel to the line.

49735136778_828b11eaf4_h.jpg

49736007472_c94437612c_h.jpg

Good shots pfx.

Is the push/pull set typical? It does seem to be an unusual configuration of rolling stock to me but having said that, I'm not very knowledgeable about post steam era BR.

Rob.

1970s Class 47/7 and DBSO Formations

Hello Robd,

If I recall it correctly, when the Intercity DMU sets were wearing out BR ScR elected to use a pair of Class 27s with coaches, one at each end. The Class 27s soon started to break down from the intensive and hard-worked nature of the diagramming. The solution in 1980 was to modify a bunch of Class 47s (Class 47/7) and pair one of them with a Mk2 DBSO and a rake of five Mk2 coaches. There was a derailment at speed at Polmont. near Falkirk during July 1984 when the leading DBSO struck a cow which had wandered on to the line via a damaged fence. Thirteen people died.

Regards
Frank

Last edited:
As Frank says, the service was originally run with Mk2 BSO, FK, and 4 x SO, topped and tailed with pairs of 27s which were pretty much flogged on the route however, after the switch to the 47s, they were fairly standardised on the Edinburgh - Glasgow route with a Mk2 DBSO then Mk3 FO and 3 x Mk3 SO, with the FO later changing to a Mk3 composite. Loco was usually at the Glasgow end. The sets used from Glasgow and Edinburgh to Aberdeen were a bit more varied in make up.

Cheers,
Innis

I'm thinking (hoping!) those Mk3s in that push-pull set are my reskins? If so, nice to see them being put to good use in an excellent screenshot!

Paul

I honestly can't remember Paul, though if I have them, they've come from the DLS so are almost certainly yours. Would you be okay with me reskinning them with the Scotrail livery (sorry, can't remember who else provides permission for this asset, JN114 perhaps?)?

Cheers,
Innis

Last edited:
Alas, I'm not that quick. Those ones are beta versions I've kindly been allowed to test however, I did manage to get the reskins done today. Once one was done, the other two were very quick to follow. Thanks for letting me use your windows (slightly modified) and special thanks to nexusdj for letting me do a reskin. A couple of screenshots of the reskins in their native environment, are below.

Cheers,
Innis

49751497927_afcb0de6ce_h.jpg

49751167531_8b1dde6148_h.jpg

Great shots Paulper.

@Robd, well spotted. I hadn't noticed the castle was visible. Here's one taken just below the castle at the east end of Princes Street gardens and a typical scene from the 80s.

49764669643_415f5d505b_h.jpg

Back