UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

A diverted 156 unit traverses the Whinchburgh to Dalmeny loop.

48422268112_7197f6c4e0_h.jpg

Really good atmosphere. What shrubbery/trees are used? Especially behind the B1, it looks really good and complements the TRS19 lighting well :) .

Really good atmosphere. What shrubbery/trees are used? Especially behind the B1, it looks really good and complements the TRS19 lighting well :) .

I'm not 100% without checking, it's an old route I made nearly 10 years ago which is getting it's second upgrade, I had to replace all the old Pofig speedtreez with TRS19 ones. I believe they are by rmm as those appear to be the best speedtrees available for Trs19.
I only did a replacement of the trees and haven't adjusted the foliage yet, I want to make things a bit more realistic although in that shot it does look good :)

If you want more specifics i'll have to get on Trainz when I have time and look :)

Edit:
Ok, so I went into Surveyor, made a new picklist, drew a box around that area , added them to the picklist and then checked it in CM
These are the Kuids of trees in that area
<kuid2:429786:100114:2>,<kuid2:211025:21009:2>,<kuid2:211025:21011:1>,<kuid2:211025:21030:1>,<kuid2:211025:21085:1>,<kuid2:211025:20261:5>
I would have given the names but I renamed them to English using a guide elsewhere on the forum :)

Last edited:
Great shots of far!

Been working on Truro lately, now the whole Truro to Par section uses LIDAR data and baseboards either side of the track have been expanded so more scenery can be seen.

Truro19-01.jpg

West end of Truro station

Truro19-03.jpg

Platform view, I have been busy updating many of my Truro assets, adding more detail to the canopies, building the new sleeper lounge (wooden building), and retexturing the footbridges with higher resolution textures.

Truro19-02.jpg

A view from above of the city itself with the cathedral to the right, in the main shopping area. The station is just to the left of the orange apartment blocks on the far left.

Mark

Great shots there Mark.

A few from my lengthy WIP.

I've been working away at the area between Winchburgh and Dalmeny over the last week. Progress is a lot slower than I'd have liked but here are a few images of largely completed areas.

Immediately east of Winchburgh junction.
48475793362_c57b66d3b8_b.jpg

Looking south along the B8020 towards Winchburgh.
48475650641_676ea43ca3_b.jpg

From slightly north of Kirkliston, looking west across the M90 towards Winchburgh
48475793697_7b82143383_b.jpg

Looking southwards towards Kirkliston adjacent to the B800
48475793957_6290f39c1a_b.jpg

Looking Northeast in the direction of Royal Elizabeth Yard, the M90 running alongside.
48475651336_cf685c7c76_b.jpg

Soutbound towards Dalmeny station.
48475651506_c494bb2c53_b.jpg

Looking across the PW yard at Dalmeny towards the Agilent Technologies site.
48475794772_549b2ae146_b.jpg

Looking south across the A90 towards Royal Elizabeth Yard, with the curious Mainline Leisure site in the foreground.
48475795032_060a347d4c_b.jpg

I've uploaded a video of the section covered in the above screenshots. Feel free to take a cab ride along the section. I can't work out how to embed the video. Apologies for the hideous cab sway. I forgot to turn it off.

https://youtu.be/w6rvxYsabmI

Last edited:
Some very nice landscaping there pfx. Can I ask about the M90 embankment - is that just a texture or is there some grass or ground cover added? It's certainly a nice effect. It

Great shots there Mark.

A few from my lengthy WIP.

I've been working away at the area between Winchburgh and Dalmeny over the last week. Progress is a lot slower than I'd have liked but here are a few images of largely completed areas.

Immediately east of Winchburgh junction.

Looking south along the B8020 towards Winchburgh.

From slightly north of Kirkliston, looking west across the M90 towards Winchburgh
48475793697_7b82143383_b.jpg

Looking southwards towards Kirkliston adjacent to the B800
48475793957_6290f39c1a_b.jpg

Looking Northeast in the direction of Royal Elizabeth Yard, the M90 running alongside.
48475651336_cf685c7c76_b.jpg

Soutbound towards Dalmeny station.

Looking across the PW yard at Dalmeny towards the Agilent Technologies site.

Looking south across the A90 towards Royal Elizabeth Yard, with the curious Mainline Leisure site in the foreground.

Great shots. Really like some of the scrub textures used in them. Any ideas what they are?

Thanks,
Paul

Some very nice landscaping there pfx. Can I ask about the M90 embankment - is that just a texture or is there some grass or ground cover added? It's certainly a nice effect. It

It's mixture of texture and grass cover. Texture is SeasonalGrass by trainzer2 - kuid2:407941:1001:4 with a couple of splines on top, JVC#(Gr1) Grass spline C 30m. and JVC#(Sh1-setII) Shrub spline C III 58m by jankvis - kuid:328583:20215 & kuid:328583:20419:1 respectively.

Great shots. Really like some of the scrub textures used in them. Any ideas what they are?

Thanks,
Paul

As well as the one noted above, the one used on the cow field is Boeschungmoos (coincidence?) by lotharhake - kuid2:68787:21016:15

The cutting is TS12 -Grass-622-CM by tume - kuid2:82412:612622:1.

Also used on the motorway is TS12-614163-Ger-Mud-01 by tume - kuid2:82412:614163:1.

The fields are Farm-Country-Crop-05 and Farm-Country-Crop-02 by dmdrake - kuid2:33404:506849905:2 & kuid2:33404:50689902:2 respectively.

Looking good, pfx.

Note to general readers: This area is much in the news just now, with Winchburgh tunnel severely flooded, possibly due to its floor being dropped to allow room for electrification, and in the process closing the whole direct Edinburgh to Glasgow line. (Though are are now two alternatives available, the second via Bathgate having been reopened in the past decade.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotl...t_and_fife&link_location=live-reporting-story

Incidentally, for non-Scots readers, it's pronounced 'Winchborough', just like Edinburgh - though that can become 'Embra' locally. And Kirkliston, which looks as if it should be Kirk-LIST-on, is actually Kirkleston. And before anyone from over the border gets sarky, can I cite Hunstanton and Happisburgh, not to mention Worcester, Leicester etc., none of which are pronounced anything like they look as though they should be, logically.

Cheers,

m

As a one time employee of the former North British railway hotel (now the Balmoral, or Bad Morale for those who worked there) I was often asked unintentionally amusing questions.

One couple collared me on the front steps demanding to know where Waverley Palace was. I assured them they must mean Holyrood Palace but no, they were adamant. When they showed me on their map, I pointed across the road and said they were already there. It was Waverley Place they were hunting for.

Another gent asked me for a pint of 80 slash dash during a bar shift. I was a little unsure what he meant and had to ask him to point out the beer tap. Of course it was obvious when he did, that he wanted 80 shilling, or 80/- as it's written on the label.

The finest moment though, was one tourist who wanted to know where he could get tickets to Ten 'N' 'A'. This one had me and a few other staff totally stumped. A degree of questioning didn't help either until we got the fella to show us on a map where he'd seen this place, to discover he wanted to go to Iona, or lONA as it appeared on the map.

No problem. Just realised I forgot to mention the use of built in AmericanBoxwood too.

Cheers,
Innis

Been away from the computer for a while with work dominating a huge chunk of my summer, but I have updated my WCML Scotland route. The transdem baseboards are now complete from Glasgow Central to Carlisle. Track is laid in various states of quality between Law Junction and Lockerbie but scenics only extend from Carluke to roughly Symington. Detailing still in various states across the route. A series of quick shots follows:

An 85 clatters past the former Thankerton station in late 1987 with a southbound WCML service after the Edinburgh and Glasgow portions were hitched together at Carstairs.

Beattock summit has been set out but no OHL or scenics have been added yet. The track gradients to the north have been smoothed out and the loops added, currently, loops at Abington being worked on. I have route tested from Carluke to Beattock with a 37 on a short freight and an 87 on a full express rake. The gradient is obviously challenging but possible. The gradients northbound toward Beattock are currently astonishingly challenging in game. I am trying to find some gradient profiles of the route to confirm some of the stretches on the lead up to Beattock as some are just plain bonkers at the moment. If anyone has any info to assist with this work it woud be very much appreciated.

A shot from further north on the route, on the short spur to Lanark. A 303 on the blocks awaiting the off to return to Milngavie.

"Urban" areas that are under the modellers eye currently are Lanark, Carluke, Symington and Abington. Major scenic work underway on stretch between Symington and Crawford although heavy consideration being given to placing temporary fiddle yards at the motorway underpass near Crawford and one of the road bridges between Motherwell and Wishaw.

Class-85-leads-a-southbound-express-through-Thankerton.jpg
Beattock-summit-still-awaiting-scenics.jpg
A-class-303-awaits-the-off-at-the-buffers-in-Lanark-for-the-return-to-Milngavie.jpg

Last edited:
Back