UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Polmont Junction. A Glasgow bound push/pull set passes a Dunblane to Edinburgh service approaching Polmont station.

51520341535_3df35cce48_h.jpg

Working on the Folkstone Station west of the Eurotunnel, for anathoth71 route London-Lille
Catenary bridges and Splines with hanging lights made

spline knows no nightmode so lights with self-illuminating

Working on the Folkstone Station west of the Eurotunnel, for anathoth71 route London-Lille
Catenary bridges and Splines with hanging lights made
[pic removed]
spline knows no nightmode so lights with self-illuminating
[pic removed]

Very nice. By any chance may I ask where you got the LeShuttle rolling stock from?

On a brakevan special, we see the oft missed part of the Swanage Railway between Norden and Furzebrook oil terminal. Here we see Norden level crossing from the brakevan:
f6gG0xV.jpg

Eldon's Sidings seen on the right with stock awaiting restoration:
8Kp5rwd.jpg

Further along, with more stock and PW materials:
D3ZkJNs.jpg

Woodpecker siding approaching on the left:
WtE4rgo.jpg

The crossing bisecting the line:
Z98rTuE.jpg

More stock - much of this is condemned:
nzMrFoU.jpg

Further up, we approach the Norden fixed distant:
16maocC.jpg

Those familiar with the railway will know that the Middlebere Plateway once ran under this bridge:
QTCEScJ.jpg

The 25mph section begins here, just beyond which is Motala - the limit of SR operations until 2014:
BWDNWOd.jpg

The crossing at Motala, roughly where the SR ran to before extending to the mainline at Worgret Junction. Furzebrook oil depot is about a mile further along the line:
xlnEeZo.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Thanks kotangagirl, I always try to ensure I get something that looks realistic but sometimes you become blind to it after working on it for so long. I'm glad to see that you think it looks the part!

Cheers,

PLP

So I've been browsing through the thread as I often do and came across this shot of Norden just over 2 years ago; I've put in the shot of it as it is today as a comparison. What's interesting to me is how different it looks and feels, yet the landscape is the same - it's just trees and objects added to give it depth.
Zxeou3q.jpg

qMxtMzP.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Amazing the difference the addition of detail can make. I posted these shots on the British Trainz forum just last week to show the same thing.

Carmuirs East.

31770605477_197281c2e7_b.jpg

51599356235_dbfa0de93d_b.jpg

Then Polmont.

31770606787_4b6380095c_b.jpg

51599356305_5d7c03708c_b.jpg

At Damens loop in the morning we spot the first train of the day. Usually a steam loco is booked for this train but due to some technical issues with the booked loco a Diesel in the form of 37075 took it's place. Here we see it heading towards Oxenhope...
2021-10-22-214104.jpg

Later on we see it taking the return trip back. Note the different nose ends. 075 has the original split headcode boxes on the number 1 end. Whilst at some point during it's BR career it's number 2 end got given the flush style of nose. Some say this was due to that end being accident damaged at some point and then repaired...
2021-10-22-214529.jpg

Wow, an impressive project there David! Just looking at that trackwork is making me sweat!

One from me of D6515 at Norden, where the trackwork is thankfully much more simple:
eOafn5n.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

I mean, just wow. That looks like a lot of fun, especially as you can see it coming together bit by bit as you progress. I wish you luck with the signalling but I bet it will look fantastic in the end!

Cheers,

PLP

A class 108 DMU waits in platform 4 at City Central station before leaving with a late morning service to Wigan.

51653086898_d89d83465a_h.jpg

Paul

Back